Windows 10: At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Discus and support At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Helpers. For awhile now at Startup my PC goes to desktop and then proceeds to open up first one page and then another one. In the top bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sliced tomatoes, May 13, 2017.

1. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Hello Helpers.

For awhile now at Startup my PC goes to desktop and then proceeds to open up first one page and then another one.

In the top bar what shows is ... << Local Disk(C) > Users > Herbert (that's me) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup > POP Peeper.

The second page is the same except instead of POP Peeper it has my home page forum address on it.

This all happened when, (as I did successfully with my Windows 7 OS), I tried to configure the PC to go to desktop and then automatically straight through to my homepage. All it does now is go to these two pages which I have to delete before then clicking the homepage icon on desktop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS. Clicking the '<<' of << Local Disk(C) produces a dropdown that lists ... Desktop ... This PC

:)

sliced tomatoes, May 13, 2017
  2. Billy Med Win User

Printing on websites on top of each other.

Hi Peter,

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this concern?

We recommend that you soft reset your phone by pressing the Power and Volume down buttons for 12 seconds or until the phone vibrates.

As the phone vibrates, set it aside while it reboots.

Let us know how it goes.

Billy Med, May 13, 2017
  3. Printing on websites on top of each other.

When I open a

website the printing on a lot of sites not clear. Sits partially on top of each other. Not spaced properly.

Peter Johnson 930, May 13, 2017
  4. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Hi sliced tomatoes.

Would be really helpful if you described what you did to make this happen. Did you add a task to the task scheduler to start a browser, did you write a script or a bat file that you invoke?

Please also include screen shots of these Windows. It sounds like you are opening file explorer.

You mention Homepage a couple of times so I assume you are trying to open a web browser, which browser?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
  5. Hi Ken - thanks for your interest.

After weeks of frustration with this I've just solved the problem. I found some scribbled notes of mine which led me to where I could delete these two pages from appearing at Startup:

r/click Start button > open Run > enter 'shell:startup' > click OK > r/click and Delete the homepage web address > r/click and Delete 'POP Peeper' > reboot PC to check result.

I'm glad to be rid of this irritation, but it still leaves me not able to start the computer and go straight through to my homepage on the Firefox browser as I could with my Windows 7 OS.

Cheers

sliced tomatoes, May 14, 2017
  6. Post a picture please.

The Pool Man, May 14, 2017
  7. Could I suggest that you open the Windows Task Scheduler and enter a task there. You can set task to invoke when you login.

Firefox would be the task and I assume you already have home page set.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

1. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other. - Similar Threads - Startup goes desktop

2. Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11: I don't know how this happens but eventually my icons overlap each other after a bit of use and I have to restart file explorerAs you can see on the bottom Spotify doesn't appear even when its open but I found out that its under google chrome so I have no idea whats going...
  3. Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar are on top of each other Windows11: I don't know how this happens but eventually my icons overlap each other after a bit of use and I have to restart file explorerAs you can see on the bottom Spotify doesn't appear even when its open but I found out that its under google chrome so I have no idea whats going...
  4. Monitor connected via VGA to USB shows two pointers on top of each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connected via VGA to USB shows two pointers on top of each other: I have connected a VGA additional monitor to my desktop and it shows two mice one on top of the other, how can i fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-connected-via-vga-to-usb-shows-two/6c34fe26-c8c2-4f93-a9de-1a7153e318da
  5. Monitor connected via VGA to USB shows two pointers on top of each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connected via VGA to USB shows two pointers on top of each other: I have connected a VGA additional monitor to my desktop and it shows two mice one on top of the other, how can i fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-connected-via-vga-to-usb-shows-two/6c34fe26-c8c2-4f93-a9de-1a7153e318da
  6. Monitor connected via VGA to USB shows two pointers on top of each other

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My two laptops cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My two laptops cannot see each other: I have two laptops, each running Windows 10, and each up-to-date. They are each connected via ethernet to the same router. 1 More often than not they cannot see each other in Network although they can both see a 3rd PC. In Advanced Sharing Settings they are both set to...
  8. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  9. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  10. two blue icons top right pointing to each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two blue icons top right pointing to each other: Hello I have a machine- windows 10 pro 64 bit what has a pair of tiny blue arrows pointing to each other in the top right corner of all my folders, files, shortcuts etc suddenly.... these are different that the one drive icon of the arrows chasing each other. Can anyone help...