Windows 10: At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Discus and support At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Helpers. For awhile now at Startup my PC goes to desktop and then proceeds to open up first one page and then another one. In the top bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sliced tomatoes, May 13, 2017.

1. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Hello Helpers.

For awhile now at Startup my PC goes to desktop and then proceeds to open up first one page and then another one.

In the top bar what shows is ... << Local Disk(C) > Users > Herbert (that's me) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup > POP Peeper.

The second page is the same except instead of POP Peeper it has my home page forum address on it.

This all happened when, (as I did successfully with my Windows 7 OS), I tried to configure the PC to go to desktop and then automatically straight through to my homepage. All it does now is go to these two pages which I have to delete before then clicking the homepage icon on desktop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS. Clicking the '<<' of << Local Disk(C) produces a dropdown that lists ... Desktop ... This PC

:)

sliced tomatoes, May 13, 2017
  2. Billy Med Win User

Printing on websites on top of each other.

Hi Peter,

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this concern?

We recommend that you soft reset your phone by pressing the Power and Volume down buttons for 12 seconds or until the phone vibrates.

As the phone vibrates, set it aside while it reboots.

Let us know how it goes.

Billy Med, May 13, 2017
  3. Printing on websites on top of each other.

When I open a

website the printing on a lot of sites not clear. Sits partially on top of each other. Not spaced properly.

Peter Johnson 930, May 13, 2017
  4. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

Hi sliced tomatoes.

Would be really helpful if you described what you did to make this happen. Did you add a task to the task scheduler to start a browser, did you write a script or a bat file that you invoke?

Please also include screen shots of these Windows. It sounds like you are opening file explorer.

You mention Homepage a couple of times so I assume you are trying to open a web browser, which browser?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
  5. Hi Ken - thanks for your interest.

After weeks of frustration with this I've just solved the problem. I found some scribbled notes of mine which led me to where I could delete these two pages from appearing at Startup:

r/click Start button > open Run > enter 'shell:startup' > click OK > r/click and Delete the homepage web address > r/click and Delete 'POP Peeper' > reboot PC to check result.

I'm glad to be rid of this irritation, but it still leaves me not able to start the computer and go straight through to my homepage on the Firefox browser as I could with my Windows 7 OS.

Cheers

sliced tomatoes, May 14, 2017
  6. Post a picture please.

The Pool Man, May 14, 2017
  7. Could I suggest that you open the Windows Task Scheduler and enter a task there. You can set task to invoke when you login.

Firefox would be the task and I assume you already have home page set.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other.

1. At Startup my PC goes to desktop then two pages on top of each other. - Similar Threads - Startup goes desktop

2. two blue icons top right pointing to each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two blue icons top right pointing to each other: Hello I have a machine- windows 10 pro 64 bit what has a pair of tiny blue arrows pointing to each other in the top right corner of all my folders, files, shortcuts etc suddenly.... these are different that the one drive icon of the arrows chasing each other. Can anyone help...
  3. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  4. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...
  5. Tabbed pages on top.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabbed pages on top.: I have pages on top of my screen and do not know where the tab button is o turn that feature off. It is very annoying when it happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-pages-on-top/63845b32-ea82-4e30-8ea5-3e25c40a2a38
  6. Edge banner at the top of my page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge banner at the top of my page.: How do I remove the Edge banner at the top of my page?It takes up too much room from my Word program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-banner-at-the-top-of-my-page/91e1dda9-50a8-4f79-ada4-3ae8ac2c061b
  7. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...
  8. Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post

Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post: I'm trying to set up a very basic home network to share a wired printer on desktop with laptop and a few other public files. No matter what I do, laptop and desktop aren't seeing each other. Desktop is Win 10 Pro, Laptop is Win 10 Home. I can ping the other from both, both...
  9. Top of Edge Page

in Browsers and Email
    Top of Edge Page: How do I get these items to show at the top of the page in Edge as they do in all other Windows IE? File Edit View Favorites Tools Help 59885
  10. DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help

in Windows 10 Support
    DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help: today i downloaded a mod for GTA san andreas, it needed microsoft.net framework v1.1 in order for it to work, hence i tried to download it, but just as i was installing it, a message popped up: this app has made a exception that cannot be handelled" i had to click OK and...