Windows 10: AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Discus and support AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Brother in Law recovering COVID--not at home. I have his laptop. His email account not sending/receiving since at least November 2020. Email client is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markg2, Jan 5, 2021.

1. markg2 Win User

AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Brother in Law recovering COVID--not at home. I have his laptop. His email account not sending/receiving since at least November 2020. Email client is desktop Outlook/Windows 10. Email account with AT&T.

His password is good. I'm able to login to his AT&T/Yahoo/Currently mail server and view emails. When AT&T outsourced email servers to Yahoo last year(?), they increased the security level for email client access. I'm sure they sent an email with link instructions to easily address new security--which BIL ignored.

The server error (I don't have right now) is identical to that which I'm seeing on search for those customers that hadn't made the AT&T/Yahoo security fix.

I think I've found the solution on the AT&T forum--Require logon using Secure Password Authentication.

Also something about a Secure Mail Key.

I understand neither. I do not want to screw up someone else's email account/Outlook trying to help. That's why I'm here. I need confirmation of the correct action before I proceed.

Mark

:)

markg2, Jan 5, 2021

2. Email server: Help needed

I'm looking to set up a simple (free or cheapish) email server. It doesnt have to be too fancy. Will have about 15 email accounts on it, and needs to have ability for webmail so mail can be picked up while on the road.

Exchange and Outlook Web Access seems like overkill (or at least, pretty expensive given the software and CLA required).

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

lemonadesoda, Jan 5, 2021
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Email server: Help needed

SquirrelMail

4. AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Email Server Software

Thanks for the pointer to Kerio. Looks good.

Are there any other suggestions for email servers, either like Kerio but cheaper, or perhaps not as comprehensive, but free.

Like pinchy, I'd like to set up a basic mailserver that can also provide webmail services (and NOT look like some clumsy 1980's html rubbish) for about 10 users.

lemonadesoda, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

1. AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati - Similar Threads - AT&T_Yahoo email server

2. Window Security Lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Security Lockout: I just turned on my computer and got a large popup that states my computer is locked as my ip address was used. It gives me a phone number but i hesitate to call until i know for sure that it really is microsoft. Help!……....
  3. Window Security Lockout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Security Lockout: I just turned on my computer and got a large popup that states my computer is locked as my ip address was used. It gives me a phone number but i hesitate to call until i know for sure that it really is microsoft. Help!……....
  4. Security Alert and Lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Alert and Lockout: "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus. To unlock the computer, please call support immediately. Please do not attempt to shut down or...
  5. Security Alert and Lockout

Security Alert and Lockout: "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus. To unlock the computer, please call support immediately. Please do not attempt to shut down or...
  6. help asus lockout blues :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help asus lockout blues :: need to bypass password on asus laptop no removable media drive is working. I am without addministrator password and when i try to wipe it , with removable usb the computer said needs more space. any ideas are welocome laptop is old and windows 7 or 8 is software. ty...
  7. I have a virus; please help. it's not covid

I have a virus; please help. it's not covid: How do I track down the "Program" program; the "Kpm" program; and other "Program" program - so I can uninstall it from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-please-help-its-not-covid/bdc18081-34d8-445d-83c7-f1fb88575a38
  8. I have a virus; please help. it's not covid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a virus; please help. it's not covid: How do I track down the "Program" program; the "Kpm" program; and other "Program" program - so I can uninstall it from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-please-help-its-not-covid/bdc18081-34d8-445d-83c7-f1fb88575a38
  9. TPM lockout screen RESOLVED by HP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM lockout screen RESOLVED by HP: If your PC's TPM settings changed and you're stuck on that white screen saying changes were made to the TPM settings because your USB devices won't work prior to device driver loading so you can't select accept or reject, here is the workthrough that did it for me.First...
  10. Help the Covid 19 Battle

in Windows 10 Support
    Help the Covid 19 Battle: Some may wish to donate their spare PC computing capability to this effort Coronavirus – What we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms – [email protected] 155082