Windows 10: AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Discus and support AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Brother in Law recovering COVID--not at home. I have his laptop. His email account not sending/receiving since at least November 2020. Email client is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markg2, Jan 5, 2021.

1. markg2 Win User

AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Brother in Law recovering COVID--not at home. I have his laptop. His email account not sending/receiving since at least November 2020. Email client is desktop Outlook/Windows 10. Email account with AT&T.

His password is good. I'm able to login to his AT&T/Yahoo/Currently mail server and view emails. When AT&T outsourced email servers to Yahoo last year(?), they increased the security level for email client access. I'm sure they sent an email with link instructions to easily address new security--which BIL ignored.

The server error (I don't have right now) is identical to that which I'm seeing on search for those customers that hadn't made the AT&T/Yahoo security fix.

I think I've found the solution on the AT&T forum--Require logon using Secure Password Authentication.

Also something about a Secure Mail Key.

I understand neither. I do not want to screw up someone else's email account/Outlook trying to help. That's why I'm here. I need confirmation of the correct action before I proceed.

Mark

:)

markg2, Jan 5, 2021

2. Email server: Help needed

I'm looking to set up a simple (free or cheapish) email server. It doesnt have to be too fancy. Will have about 15 email accounts on it, and needs to have ability for webmail so mail can be picked up while on the road.

Exchange and Outlook Web Access seems like overkill (or at least, pretty expensive given the software and CLA required).

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

lemonadesoda, Jan 5, 2021
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Email server: Help needed

SquirrelMail

4. AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

Email Server Software

Thanks for the pointer to Kerio. Looks good.

Are there any other suggestions for email servers, either like Kerio but cheaper, or perhaps not as comprehensive, but free.

Like pinchy, I'd like to set up a basic mailserver that can also provide webmail services (and NOT look like some clumsy 1980's html rubbish) for about 10 users.

lemonadesoda, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati

1. AT&T_Yahoo email server security lockout resolve--Helping COVID relati - Similar Threads - AT&T_Yahoo email server

2. Keyboard lockout

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard lockout: Hey everyone. Hope one or two might be able to help me. I have rescently installed ScpToolkit for setting up my ps3 controller for use in games. But after installing and a reboot i cant use my keyboard. I can enter bios but when i reach to the login screen then keyboard aint...
  3. Help to resolve BlueScreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help to resolve BlueScreen: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎20-‎11-‎2020 08:04 Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 3b Parameter 1: c0000005 Parameter 2: fffff80551e36592 Parameter 3: fffff80555a7e930 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18363...
  4. Help the Covid 19 Battle

in Windows 10 Support
    Help the Covid 19 Battle: Some may wish to donate their spare PC computing capability to this effort Coronavirus – What we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms – [email protected] 155082
  5. email servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    email servers: How do I move or copy Folders on Incredimail server to Thunderbird server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-servers/19dc0911-e253-4742-8645-eefbd08c0f11
  6. Lockout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockout: Forgot sign I password to Lenovo Yoga. Tried the F8 key at startup to no avail. Cannot get the boot up menu and not even F1. Any help would be very appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockout/bdc1b795-8bba-4f08-a8a6-c8f733ec514f
  7. Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.: Windows Ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.657) Hi - Hopefully someone with expertise in the Security Policies settings might provide me with some assistance. I am using a digitizer USB HID device on Win 10 that will enumerate itself successfully upon plugging it into a USB port....
  8. lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lockout: I'm locked out on windows 10 when I start to enter my pin it fills with 1's an can't clear the numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockout/b6efd083-62c8-4883-95e0-46a69b7c95aa
  9. Resolving Security Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resolving Security Issue: I recently tried to change some security settings in Windows 10. It asked me to log into my Microsoft account which I did. Then it said in order to make sure it was really me, they would send an email to me to confirm my identity. I was asked to retype in my email address...
  10. Computer lockout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer lockout: When I'm on my computer an icon pops up that says how to get help in windows. Keeps opening icons all the way across the screen constantly without stopping and locks,my computer out. I can't even get back on it now. Can somebody explain this to me or tell me what needs to be...