Windows 10: ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2

Discus and support ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Q9550 running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3Rmotherboard. I recently learned that my Samsung EVO 850 SSD was incorrectly using IDE. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by damoses1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. damoses1 Win User

ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2

I have a Q9550 running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3Rmotherboard. I recently learned that my Samsung EVO 850 SSD was incorrectly using IDE. I changed the registry and bios to AHCI for the SSD, however, I'm now seeing two channels for 0 and 1 in my device manager. One says it's functioning correctly and the other says there's an error. On benchmark tests, my SSD is underperforming but in Samsung Magician it says it's using AHCI. My WD IDE HD is also underperforming but I don't know if it's just due to the age of the PC. Drivers are all updated to the latest. What am I missing? Please help!

My SSD is in Sata port 0 and my WD IDE HD is in port 1. ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2 1b7a6856-82f7-4e70-a010-0f430533ca1c?upload=true.png ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2 3881a33d-bd62-41dd-95d6-68e3a1f66cde?upload=true.png

:)

damoses1, Jun 11, 2020
  2. slance310 Win User

Removing both ATA Channel 0 and ATA Channel 1 drivers, causes DVD/HDD issues

Hi,

You might want to check out your SATA Controller drivers...

Do you by chance have TWO Channel 0 and Channel 1 ?

My machine does because it has two different SATA Controllers...

Is it possible that those two SATA Channels are configured as "RAID" in your Bios, or are using a RAID driver instead of a standard AHCI\ATA\IDE setting ?

BTW... CyberLink has been known to cause issues with CD\DVD drives after a major upgrade to another Windows Build...

If I remember the programs causing issues may be PowerDVD and possibly Power2Go..

I think this was version 10, but there may be others...

slance310, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Catalyst 10.9 AHCI question

When I installed the AHCI in my computer in the hardware list it was listing all the SATA in IDE/ATAPI section and written AHCI 1.0. Now that I installed the 10.9 AHCI drive from ATI website its now having only those 4:
    -AMD Sata controller
    -ATA channel 0
    -ATA channel 1
    -IDE controller standard double canal PCI.

Do I still have the AHCI function?

MohawkAngel, Jun 11, 2020
  4. ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2

Windows 10 Freezes When Optical Drive is Used

IDE ATA/ATAPi Controllers are as follows -

ATA Channel 0

ATA Channel 0

ATA Channel 1

ATA Channel 1

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Standard SATA AHCI Controller

Storage Controllers -

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controllers

I currently have a SSD as my primary storage (OS installed)

A SATA HDD as additional storage

and an External USB 3.0 drive for non-essential media.

ThomasPringle, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2

1. ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2 - Similar Threads - ATA Channels showing

2. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  3. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  4. SATA AHCI controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  5. No ATA Channels

No ATA Channels: i formatted my pc, but there is no ata channels under ide ata/atapi controllers (my main pc,20h2) 177453
  6. 1 SSD showing 2 "disks"

1 SSD showing 2 "disks": I only have 1, 250 GB SSD on my laptop. After installing then uninstalling Linux, I now have DISK 0 and DISK 1, DISK 0 is around 13.5 GB's. How do I remove DISK 0 and reclaim the space to DISK 1.. Here is an image from "Disk Manager".. I have also created a virtual HDD in...
  7. Is this benchmark scores normal for SATA 2?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this benchmark scores normal for SATA 2?: Hi, I know that I'm using an outdated system by today's standards (Gigabyte P55A-UD3P) which contains an outdated Marvel chipset for SATA 3. According to many forum advices I read, I preferred to hook up my 500 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD drive I bought in 2015 to a SATA 2...
  8. System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?: Is it ok that the proccess 'System Interrupts' keep oscillating between 0-1-2%? Or should it be always at 0%? submitted by /u/Sone3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jku4yz/system_interrupts_always_between_0_to_1_to_2/
  9. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  10. M.2 or sata ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 or sata ssd: Hi all i need to ask i have a z170ar motherboard . ok here it is i have 6 sata port 5 are used sata 1 is the c drive sata 2 empty 3 4 5 6 are other drives they say the m.2 uses sata so if i install the m.2 i well lose sata 1 and 2 ports because its shared. so my question...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 ata channel0

2. is 2 ata chanel 0 normal