Windows 10: ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success.

Discus and support ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hey all, I have several ati /amd graphics cards from legacy to current hd xxxx x2 etc. has anyone found a legit driver from ati /amd that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by poorguy, Sep 6, 2015.

1. poorguy Win User

ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success.

hey all,

I have several ati /amd graphics cards from legacy to current hd xxxx x2 etc.
    has anyone found a legit driver from ati /amd that has worked because I haven't.
    I understand it is not up to Microsoft to supply drivers for my hardware that is now considered old and outdated after only a few years. amazing that they all will work and have drivers on windows 7 but can't even get the basic vga driver when used with windows 10. although I did have drivers with the technical preview.

as of now unless I can find a driver I will never own another amd product again.
    they will be right next to creative audio / labs for the same reason.

thanks.
    the

:)

poorguy, Sep 6, 2015

2. Blue Screen

atikmpag.sys part of the ATI/AMD graphics card driver.

I recommend to update the ATI or AMD Graphics Card Driver to Latest Possible version.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Caution ATI/AMD Radeon 3000 Windows 10 Upgraders

sorry folks. you need to purchase a new graphics card as AMD is unwilling to make any Windows 10 certified drivers for the ATI/AMD Radeon 3000 graphics (whether desktop or laptop/mobile).

I too have an ASUS M5A78L-M LE/USB3 board with onboard ATI 3000 graphics and the latest driver version I can use there on Win10 is v8.970.100.9001 dated 1/13/2015 (a Windows Update based driver).

Check out this Computerhope forum topic "Windows 10 Discontinued Driver AMD ATI RADEON 3000" and see if you guys want to buy a new video card or not to replace the onboard ATI 3000 graphics hardware:

Windows 10 Discontinued Driver AMD ATI RADEON 3000

For me, I am considering installing a higher graphics card; anything better than the Radeon 3000.

erpmanila3w, Sep 6, 2015
  4. ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success.

That depends, for what card, for mine 6480G the last usable driver is AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta.

TairikuOkami, Sep 6, 2015
  5. poorguy Win User
    I have ati radeon x1300 /1500 that I would like to get a driver for. this one just black screens on me after the install.
    it did work great on the technical preview though.
    the next one is a hd 3850 x2 that I want to make sure that I can find a driver before I do the install. this one is running windows 7 and is fine. don't want to try unless I can install a driver.

thanks
    the

poorguy, Sep 7, 2015
  6. poorguy Win User
    hey all,

ok I decided to pick through my junk box and found an Asus M4A785-M motherboard with a ati radeon hd 4200 integrated graphics adapter. installed windows 10 pro 64 bit and cool it all works real drivers and all.

so now I must resend my earlier statements / complaining / bitching and whining about amd /ati and state that I do have faith restored by them for releasing a driver that works for at least one of my amd / ati products.

again I appreciate all help and advice from everyone and also for putting up and listening to my B.S. as I am old and very impatient.

life is good.
    the

poorguy, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004 7/29/2015 go for it. This is actually the 15.7.1 driver referenced on AMD driver page of their website. I think it is also the Microsoft driver that will try to install on your PC with OS win 10. "I think".

There is a beta dated 8/31/2015 15.8 is the version number. No guarantee on that one.

Running AMD R295X2 with no known issues using 15.2xx.... referenced above.

Good Luck

lopedoggie, Sep 7, 2015
  8. ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success.

Sorry, but Catalyst 15.x will not work with the HD 4xxx series cards. There is no Win10 driver at AMD for those cards. The most current driver is for Win8.1 -- and you get it from their link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...s%208%20-%2064

Any AMD HDxxx product older than HD5xxx requires these "legacy" drivers.

Mark Phelps, Sep 8, 2015
  9. poorguy Win User
    don't care what driver it is or where it is from it is the 1st real driver I have been able to get for any of my ati / amd graphics products and I have killer resolution settings. it probably is a windows 8 driver it may be a windows 7 driver it works and that is a lot more than I had before.

poorguy, Sep 8, 2015
  10. It was suggested you try Catalyst 15.7 -- by someone who clearly had not researched your product to learn that version of Catalyst would not work. Trying to prevent your display being trashed by your upgrading to a Catalyst version that would not work.

Mark Phelps, Sep 9, 2015
  11. poorguy Win User
    i appreciate that and thanks for the help.
    if i sounded rude in my post i wasn't meaning to i was just excited about getting it to work.
    thanks for your help.

poorguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success.

1. ati / amd graphics card drivers anyone had any success. - Similar Threads - ati amd graphics

2. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  3. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  4. AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  5. AMD Graphics card problem

AMD Graphics card problem: Hi,I am having a problem with my AMD graphics card. Everything was fine, till about a month and half ago. My pc just got stuck, so I restarted the pc and I had these horizontal lines across my screen, then this old loading screen that looked like windows vista, then I got a...
  6. Renaming username and user folder - has anyone had any success?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming username and user folder - has anyone had any success?: Hey I've recently built a PC without a Windows licence – I wanted to test everything first before shelling out (and I definitely will be buying one). Unfortunately, my username can't be changed at the moment, and my user folder is just the first 5 letters of my email...
  7. Black screen with any graphic card driver (AMD Radeon R9 270x)?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen with any graphic card driver (AMD Radeon R9 270x)?: Hey Guys :) Somehow, I got a blackscreen 2 days ago... After that, I deleted the graphic card driver in "safe mode", because I wasn't able to start my computer (I always got a black screen, after the Windows Loading Screen). Since that happened, I can't install or update any...
  8. Sorry folks -- Had it with AMD and AMD graphics

Sorry folks -- Had it with AMD and AMD graphics: I know there's loads on these boards who swear by AMD I really have a problem with these processors Decent AMD processor (4 core) on 32 GB machine has problems when running a Windows VM using SlyFox (or modern equivalent) to rip a DVD into an iso image. Using Samsung...
  9. A Windows Update for an AMD Graphics Driver when I don't have any AMD Graphics Card???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Windows Update for an AMD Graphics Driver when I don't have any AMD Graphics Card???: Hey... I recently went to check Windows Update to see if there were any updates to install. There was on one, however, and it puzzles me.[ATTACH] I'm using an Intel HD Graphics Driver and have an Intel HD Graphics Card from the Motherboard. [ATTACH] What's with this...
  10. Black screen with any graphic card driver (AMD Radeon R9 270x)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen with any graphic card driver (AMD Radeon R9 270x): Hey Guys :) Somehow, I got a blackscreen 2 days ago... After that, I deleted the graphic card driver in "safe mode", because I wasn't able to start my computer (I always got a black screen, after the Windows Loading Screen). Since that happened, I can't install or update any...