Windows 10: ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Discus and support ATI Radeon Xpress 200 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, everything seemed to be fine , smooth installation but icons appeared big and all the videos began to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by UdhayDr, Aug 16, 2015.

1. UdhayDr Win User

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, everything seemed to be fine , smooth installation but icons appeared big and all the videos began to play slowly on windows 10, i tried changing resolution , contacting microsoft contact support ! nothing seemed to work, any suggestions?

:)

UdhayDr, Aug 16, 2015

2. ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series Compatibility Issue with W.7 to 10 upgrade reservation

W.10 app for reservation upgrade says the "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series" is NOT compatible for reserving an upgrade to W.10.

However, when I followed the search to solve the issue it took me thru an 8.1 upgrade compatibility search and that said the "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series" WAS compatible.

How do I solve this apparent contradiction? Or what do I need to upgrade to be compatible for a W.10 upgrade?

Dr Ed Travis, Aug 16, 2015
  3. ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series

So as a computer tech, you like to take risks right? I was told by the "Get Windows 10" program on my Windows 7 eMachines computer that I couldn't upgrade to 10 due to "ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series: Your display doesn't work." So
    I eventually went to Microsoft's site and got a Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation 90-day and installed it. I had it update as much as possible. Once all the updates at the time had finished, I went through to see what all was updated and I noticed that my display
    updated to the "Unsupported" driver "ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series." So I installed some games, programs, etc that I sometimes use for testing new updates on my computer. I played those games, I worked on those programs, I sometimes did both. My computer was
    running at top speed (No lag) all the time without conflict. I do wish to see this driver added to the list of driver compatible with Windows 10.

My computer specs:

Manufacturer: eMachines

Motherboard: Intel

Processor: Intel(r) Pentium(r) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

RAM: 2.00GB (1.87 usable)

System Type: 32-bit

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional*

*The built-in operating system was Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and was compatible with Windows Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7, then Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation, and finally Windows 10 Professional.

Etanarvazac, Aug 16, 2015
  4. prayogi2k Win User

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Try these steps :
    1. open Microsoft Update Catalog in Internet Explorer 6 or newer (will not work on other browser).
    2. accept/Yes when prompting to install an add on.
    3. type "radeon xpress 200" in the search box of this microsoft update catalog page.
    4. it will show many result, but what you need is the one with version "7.14.10.8333" because this is a WDDM which will be compatible with Vista but also with 8/8.1/10
    5. download the 2.6MB size if your OS is 32 bit, or the 4.6 MB if your OS 64bit.
    6. install this driver manually, if you need the guide please google "install windows driver manually".

good luck.

prayogi2k, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Thanks for the guidance. Worked for my old notebook graphics card. ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 in my Acer 5100 notebook with Windows 10 x64. Much better the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

frisky1112, Dec 28, 2015
  6. oxygen Win User
    Hi

I have tried your method but windows says the driver is not compatible. I have a B1900 compaq laptop with a ATI Xpress 200 M card for the graphics running windows 10 on the basic display driver from microsoft.

Is there any solution?

AA

oxygen, Apr 24, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    The 200m is a mobile (laptop) graphic controller, and it uses different drivers than the discrete desktop card.

The latest driver that I see at the Microsoft Update archive (32 bit only) is:

Microsoft Update Catalog

I hope that it helps. It's dated from June of 2007. With any luck, it's at least a WDDM 1.0 (Vista) driver.

There's a chance that it's really an XP driver. Vista and 7 could use XDDM (XP) drivers. Windows 10 cannot.

bobkn, Apr 25, 2016
  8. oxygen Win User

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Thanking you for your reply

I tried the 2.6mb sized 32 bit driver after removing all previous instances of 64bit drivers that I had tried earlier.

Needless to say that it worked like a charm.

Thanks a million

AA

oxygen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

1. ATI Radeon Xpress 200 - Similar Threads - ATI Radeon Xpress

2. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  3. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  4. ATI RAdeon drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATI RAdeon drivers: Dell Studio. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650. When I installed 2004...resolution was terrible, and this driver was no longer available. No updated drivers on their website as they have discontinued support for this driver. Apparently I will have to buy a new computer when...
  5. I need ATI Radeon Recommendations

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need ATI Radeon Recommendations: Hello, good people. I need some advice / recommendations for a new or used mint graphics card. Right now, I’m considering spending around $120 for a mint condition EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB mini card. I realize that there may be stronger cards out there not made by Nvidia for...
  6. VisionTek ATI Radeon 9250

VisionTek ATI Radeon 9250: Just got this card and can not find driver for it, any idea's Look in control panel and windows10 does not see it,is there a way to fix. VisionTek ATI Radeon 9250 DMS-59 128MB PCI Low Profile Video Graphics. 37062
  7. ATI Radeon 300 driver problem

ATI Radeon 300 driver problem: My ATI 3000 Driver (onboard graphics) was updated today 8/8/15 and it removed my ability to extend my displays. I was able to roll back the driver and now everything is ok. So when reviewing updates, the ATI driver was successfully installed. Is there a way to...
  8. ATI Radeon 4300/4500

ATI Radeon 4300/4500: Any one had any luck using ati radeon hd 4300/hd 4500 series with windows 10? 15399
  9. Problems with ATI Radeon HD5450

Problems with ATI Radeon HD5450: I have Windows 10 x64 Pro build 1511 with all latest updates. My graphic adapter ( discrete ) is an ATI radeon HD 5450. I have installed the latest drivers downloaded from AMD site. But now under Device Manager i can see my graphic Adapter installed correctly , but when i...
  10. ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Driver

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Driver: Hi, I guess I won't be installing windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5100-3357 laptop after all, when I run the compatibility check on my system..I'm informed that " Your display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for...