Windows 10: ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro Dual Monitor Card - Sees only one

Discus and support ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro Dual Monitor Card - Sees only one in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitors which worked perfectly driven by the ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro video card with Windows 7 OS. I upgraded to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by arfaust, Aug 6, 2015.

1. arfaust Win User

ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro Dual Monitor Card - Sees only one

I have two HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitors which worked perfectly driven by the ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro video card with Windows 7 OS. I upgraded to 10 and now the system see both monitors as the same. In other words both monitors show the same screen.

I have gone to the Display Settings and only one monitor is shown no matter what I do. Two monitors plugged in to one dual support video card but only one monitor seems to show. When I identify the number 1 comes up on both monitors. I have uninstalled both monitors one at a time. I have uninstalled both at the same time. I have tried to upgrade the drivers. I have switched the DVI plugs on my computer. Nothing I have done seems to work. Both show the following in the Driver File Details:

c:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\monitor.sys
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color\hp_2009.icm

In Device Manger I see both monitors (HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitors) listed under Monitors with one having a Triangle symbol with an "!" in the middle.

When I try to update the monitor with the symbol I get the message:

"Windows is unable to install your HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor"
    "windows could not find the driver software for your device"
    "If you know the manufacture for your device, you can visit its web site and check the support for driver software."

I tried to find the most recent driver software but have not yet found any updates.

How can I get Windows 10 to recognize I have two monitors?

:)

arfaust, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Aceh1 Win User

'MOM.Implementation" Error with Windows 10 update as of 12-18-2015

I updated drivers for my x1950 ati video card. When I use the one that Microsoft gives the card will not get the correct resolution. Is there a way around this where I can use video card and have the MOM.implementation?

Aceh1, Aug 6, 2015
  3. How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I'm having a similar problem I have a sapphire ati radeon hd 4850x2 with four heads and 4 monitors, windows will not look for or discover any of my other monitors, the latest ati driver doesn't work with 10 and like you my old system win 7 worked fine.
    I am hoping they fix this problem as with win 7 it took a few weeks before they updated the driver to cover my card

WoodyKancyr, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Madness10 Win User

Make sure that the settings are not set to duplicate these displays and see what happens. How did you get Win10 to see the video card since it is not supported by Win10?

Madness10, Aug 7, 2015
  5. OP already said they did that and only one screen shows.
    Probably because MS installs a Basic Display Adaptor default driver that works on most video cards.

To the OP: The latest drivers produce for the X1900 series from AMD were for Vista. Go to the link, use the pulldowns to select Desktop Graphics --> Radeon X series --> Radeon X1xxx Series -- then Vista 32-bit or 64-bit. Then, after you have downloaded them, install using Vista compatibility mode. Link: Download Drivers

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro Dual Monitor Card - Sees only one - Similar Threads - ATI Sapphire X1950

2. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  3. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  4. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ATI Radeon X1950 Graphics Drivers Corrupted Windows 10 Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ATI Radeon X1950 Graphics Drivers Corrupted Windows 10 Operating System: The following is about how to download and install legacy graphics drivers for the X1950 to work with Windows 10. I've found a fix. Go to - https://www.amd.com/en/support - and select 'Graphics' from the first list. 'Legacy Graphics' from the second list. 'ATI Radeon X...
  6. Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one: I have two monitors and I have it set so there is a different wallpaper on each screen. I want to use slideshow mode so that both wallpapers will change every day. However, when I enable it, only one of the wallpapers changes; the other wallpaper always stays the same. How...
  7. ati sapphire X1550 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ati sapphire X1550 not working: hiya guys , just got windows 10 pro installed, i cannot change the screen resolutiom , i have the ati sapphire X1550 graphics card, but in device manager its showing as "microsoft disaply adaptor"...resolution is set to very low, all icons etc are very big on my monitor...any...
  8. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card: Yesterday or the day before I have had difficulties with dual monitor set up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 card and I cannot seem to get the display to extend to the second Monitor. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but it just duplicates the screen to the second monitor...
  9. Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only: Sorry if this is the wrong place, but this is driving me insane. Yesterday I added a second monitor via HDMI to my machine (the original is via VGA). I couldn't get the HDMI one to fill the whole screen, so I was playing with a lot of things (google isn't always good) and...
  10. Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup: I have dual monitors. The Taskbar appears on both monitors (top, bottom, right or left, as specified). Is there a way to have the Taskbar appear only on one monitor? 76699