Windows 10: Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

Discus and support Attach Issues Surface Pro 2 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I’m using a surface book 2 which for the last week has been spontaneously detaching (notifications and changes in default usage modes from oc to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChrisPongrac, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

Hi,

I’m using a surface book 2 which for the last week has been spontaneously detaching (notifications and changes in default usage modes from oc to tablet).

Now the computer is unusable - as it doesnt recognise being attached, won’t detach, and as such cant be charged for use and problem solving.

What should I do?

C

:)

ChrisPongrac, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

1. Both, I would expect.

2. Under display settings

3. Sorry for not being clear. It is the attached monitor, not the Surface Pro that causes me grief. The Surface Pro 4 works great by itself, when it is not attached to the dock.

4. Since updates are automatic, I expect the answer is yes.

The Surface Pro 3 has no issues but only the Surface Pro 4. Again, it only happened about the middle of February. There was also an issue with Outlook 2016 receiving multiple copies of email which arose at the same time but I have posted about that issue
    elsewhere. I am just not a big believer in coincidences. This leads me to deduce a problem arising after an update.

Again, the Surface Pro 3 has NONE of these issues.

JackRodenburg, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

1. Attach Issues Surface Pro 2 - Similar Threads - Attach Issues Surface

2. Microsolft Surface 2 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsolft Surface 2 Pro: The laptop started having problems not starting and was under warranty at John Lewis. I arranged for the unit to be collected and read about backing up the hard drive so I purchased an ssd 1gb portable usb drive and followed instructions to backup the drive which took around...
  3. Surface Pro Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro Issue: So recently I've been having this issue with the Surface where after updating and restarting the taskbar does not respond. I've tried multiple "fixes" like the task manager "fix" and multiple other "fixes." So this is what happens, after updating and restarting I push on...
  4. Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 2: Just bought a second hand Surface Pro 2 which replaces my pathetic acer aspire. (from a electronic buy sell store) and its brilliant. Pen and keyboard inclusive. 2 year warranty Q: Pen and touch is active but what software do I need to 'write' on the screen. I have looked at...
  5. No cameras are attached error code on Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Troubleshooting steps were...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No cameras are attached error code on Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Troubleshooting steps were...: Error code: 0XA00F4244 <No Cameras Are Attached> so the sign-in using facial recognition no longer works. I ran the troubleshooting steps and found that the most recent device driver for my camera is installed (Intel(R) AV Stream Camera 2500. What resolution is available?...
  6. Surface Pro 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2 Keyboard: My keyboard won't type, nor will touchpad work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the cover twice but still get alert that something's wrong with driver. Where do I go from here? Can I replace the driver? I'm current on Win 10 updates. I've cleaned contacts. Help!...
  7. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...
  8. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...
  9. Surface Pro 2 Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 2 Issues: All,Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I wasn't able to access Windows. When I boot up, I was sent to the UEFI screen. I couldn't get pass it. I researched this problem...
  10. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...