Windows 10: attached dvd writer will not function after windows update

Discus and support attached dvd writer will not function after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have purchased a small HP all in one desktop for small document writing and web surfing. After a recent windows 10 update the dvd writer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulBroom1, Jan 13, 2020.

1. attached dvd writer will not function after windows update

Hello. I have purchased a small HP all in one desktop for small document writing and web surfing. After a recent windows 10 update the dvd writer that came as part of the machine has gone missing. Buy that I mean it is not recognized in device manager except under show hidden devices, which will do nothing for me in fact it wont even open itself for me, I had to use the pin method to find out it was empty. It just all disappeared after a microsoft update. I am about to find out if I can put a usb burner on the system but would much rather have my computer working properly.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you all in advance.

:)

PaulBroom1, Jan 13, 2020
  2. henriette Win User

Suddenly Windows 10 see my dvd writer but non that much.

I have been googling to find hints about the problem I'm experiencing, but the complication has survived some fixing attempts. Here I refer to Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.107] and TSSTcorp SH-222AB CD DVD writer. Product's drivers are not available on manufacturer' s web site Home - ODD Support English Toshiba- Samsung Download CenterODD Support English . Any advice will be very welcomed ! Thanks !

STEP 1
    All of a sudden, File Explorer's left panel can't see the DVD driver, but the one on the right can. See fig. 1 and fig. 2 .

attached dvd writer will not function after windows update [​IMG]

STEP 2
    HWiNFOPortable_6.08.3830 detects the device as TSSTcorp SH-222AB. See fig.3.

STEP 3
    Other file managers see the device. See fig.4, fig.5, fig.6.

STEP 4
    When I insert a DVD in the driver and try to access it i get an error message: "Please, insert a disk." See fig. 7.

STEP 5
    The Controller AHCI SATA works fine, fig. 8 and 9. Anyway I have disinstalled and reinstalled it, see fig. 8 and fig. 9.

STEP 6
    I haven't been given any options regarding the DVD driver, see fig. 10.

henriette, Jan 13, 2020
  3. LG 24x External DVD Writer/GE24 does not load

Hi

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the DVD Writer is detected and listed in Device Manager.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

If the DVD Writer is not listed in the Device Manager, let us run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update DVD-ROM drivers and check.

If the DVD Writer is listed in the Device Manager, lets Update the DVD-ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + R on the Keyboard.

• Type in devmgmt.msc and click on
      Ok

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on
      Update driver Software.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 13, 2020
  4. kukane Win User

attached dvd writer will not function after windows update

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

attached dvd writer will not function after windows update

1. attached dvd writer will not function after windows update - Similar Threads - attached dvd writer

2. External cd/dvd writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  3. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  4. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  5. DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10

DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10: I have a Samsung DVD writer model SE-208GB/RSDB that is not recognized by Windows 10. I don't know what happened but tried to reinstall it and it is not recognized at all. I have tried reaching Samsung to see if there is a driver I need but can't seem to get through to them...
  6. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  7. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  8. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  9. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...
  10. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...