Windows 10: Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC

Discus and support Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a attached USB drive on my Network and on first powerup it does not connect however if I restart the PC it then will what could be causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nay9275, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nay9275 Win User

Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC

Hi,

I have a attached USB drive on my Network and on first powerup it does not connect however if I restart the PC it then will what could be causing it not to connect on first bootup it is starting to get a little annoying having to power PC up twice every time?

Kind Regards

Nathan

:)

Nay9275, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC

little cat, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC

1. Attached usb drive on Network not showing on first powerup but will appear if i restart PC - Similar Threads - Attached usb drive

2. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drives appearing differently: I have two D-Link NAS drives, essentially identical on a home network. We'll call them, DNS-1, and DNS-2. One appears totally normally and is labelled "network drive" in the "properties" window. The other is labelled "network Folder" and while totally accessible, does not...
  3. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drives appearing differently: I have two D-Link NAS drives, essentially identical on a home network. We'll call them, DNS-1, and DNS-2. One appears totally normally and is labelled "network drive" in the "properties" window. The other is labelled "network Folder" and while totally accessible, does not...
  4. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network drive attached to TPlink 2300 router appears as a media device

Network drive attached to TPlink 2300 router appears as a media device: I've spent ages trying to get a Samsung T5 drive attached by USB to my TPLink 2300 router to work as networked storage over my wireless network. My laptop PCs apparently see the drive as a media device (MiniDLNA) and although I can see all the folders only files such as jpg...
  6. New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network: I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 on a couple of refurbished computers; a laptop and a PC. I have them connected together on a Windows Home Network. I just bought a USB hard drive which I plugged into the PC. On the PC it shows up as drive E:, (in fact, oddly, it shows up...
  7. USB drives appear and disappear

USB drives appear and disappear: Ok, got a bit of a strange one this morning which happened after I opened an excel file from the office via VPN could be just a coincidence it happened at that time though. Anyway, the USB drive icon in the sys tray disappeared and then appeared and started randomly...
  8. Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?: Network Host PC seen on wifi laptop but USB printer attached to host PC not seen by wifi laptop. My printer is wired via USB cable to my network host computer. When I access the network from my wifi laptop said printer is not there? I have worked through all the settings...
  9. USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 News
    USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management: [ATTACH]If your USB drive is not appearing in This PC, but it is visible in the Disk Management panel in Windows 10, then this post […] This post USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Duplicate drives show when a flash drive is attached to usb port on laptop

Duplicate drives show when a flash drive is attached to usb port on laptop: Hello folks, This "may" have been asked before, but I am at a loss to find an answer, so please bear with an old timer. In case this is needed the following details may also help Edition Windows 10 Version 1909 OS build 18363.535 System type 32-bit operating system x64...