Windows 10: attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order

Discus and support attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My company insists we use OneDrive for everything so I store all my files in it. When I try to attach a OneDrive file to an email (usually something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuzyGS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. SuzyGS Win User

attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order

My company insists we use OneDrive for everything so I store all my files in it. When I try to attach a OneDrive file to an email (usually something I have just created and saved), all the folders appear first and I always have to scroll down past all of them before I can find the file i just created and saved, even though I have my files sorted by date. How can I disable the "folders first" sort order and simply display all OneDrive folders and files in the date order? Also, the heading says "date" but does this mean date modified (I hope)?

:)

SuzyGS, Jan 16, 2019

2. Delete the Email attachments folder in OneDrive

In OneDrive, a folder recently appeared called "Email attachments":

attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order QOELx.png

I have no use of this folder so I would like to delete it, so I simply deleted it from the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, and it immediately synchronized that with OneDrive, deleting the folder in OneDrive also, just like it should. The problem is that a while later, the folder appeared again. So I deleted it again. And it appeared again. And so on.

I finally decided to search for a solution on Google, and I found out that the folder is created by Outlook and that it's created every time you send an email from Outlook. Except that I use Gmail, not Outlook, and my OneDrive account is connected to my Gmail account. Anyway, when searching, I found this where it says to change the settings in Outlook. I tried to do so, but I could not find the setting in question in Outlook (the person asking that couldn't either).

I can think of several workarounds, like hiding this folder by doing Properties and check Hidden, but I would like to delete it completely and permanently.

Is there any way to delete this folder without it reappearing?

Edit

Thanks to an answer that should have been posted as a comment and that got deleted, I noticed that this folder is created whenever I use the OneDrive app for iPhone. However, I can't find any setting in the app that disables this feature. Is there any way to keep this folder from reappearing?

Donald Duck, Jan 16, 2019
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 16, 2019
  4. AndreyT Win User

attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

Basically, the problem is unsolvable at the time.

"The feature to permanently prevent OneDrive from creating the Email Attachments folder is not yet available."

Also: Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Those geniuses at Microsoft did it again... Facepalm.

AndreyT, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order - Similar Threads - attaching OneDrive file

2. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  3. Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email: I have saved a file to a directory in OneDrive.I can close the file and see the file path that the file lives in in the recent files section of Excel.If I open that file path in Windows Explorer, the file is not there, so I cannot attach it to an email.Is Excel saving it to...
  4. Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email: I have saved a file to a directory in OneDrive.I can close the file and see the file path that the file lives in in the recent files section of Excel.If I open that file path in Windows Explorer, the file is not there, so I cannot attach it to an email.Is Excel saving it to...
  5. Outlook - Email Attachments missing.

Outlook - Email Attachments missing.: Hey, I am facing an issue with Inbox emails with attachments. Some mails have attachments that just don't show up in my inbox on the outlook APP. These mails checked online on Gmail or Zoho mail show the attachments. The problem is not universal, since I have many...
  6. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  7. Outlook email folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook email folders: I am getting cannot open your default email folders in outlook 2010 running in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-folders/41f44c0c-1e70-491e-8618-ee7a2392ffde
  8. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  9. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  10. "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?: I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attach one drive file to outlook email