Windows 10: Attaching a scan

Discus and support Attaching a scan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It used to be whenever I attached a scan to an email, it would bring up my scan window and all the icons had pictures so I could see which one I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by acmckee, Feb 24, 2016.

1. acmckee Win User

Attaching a scan

It used to be whenever I attached a scan to an email, it would bring up my scan window and all the icons had pictures so I could see which one I needed. Since downloading Windows 10 that doesn't happen any more. It only show a PDF icon on all the items, no picture. I have checked Window Folders and my preview pane is on.....Help!!

:)

acmckee, Feb 24, 2016

2. attaching scans to email

In windows 10, both in outlook or msn email, I am unable to select an individual scan from the scans folder and attach it to an email. Also unable to name the scans. How can I attach? When I tried, I got a small picture of the scan to appear in the email,
    not an attachment icon.

PS My options for posting are all frivolous categories - nothing on basic functions.

ERICOLSEN_973, Feb 24, 2016
  3. attaching scans to email

Hi Eric,

I realize that you are facing issues with the attachments to the email on Windows 10 PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Are you facing this issue on the Mail app or the Microsoft Outlook application?

• If you are facing this issue on Microsoft Outlook application, then which version of Microsoft Office suite is installed on the PC?

• Do you face the same issue which working with the web account using a browser?

• When you say “unable to select an individual scan from the scans folder”, which scan file are you referring to?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 24, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Attaching a scan

You are talking about a scanner and documents or pictures you have scanned and now wanting to attach to e-mails show as .PDF instead ?
    Sure did not save the scan as a PDF ? Check default for those file by right clicking select properties, Change or in Default Programs in the Control Panel.

jds63, Feb 24, 2016
  5. acmckee Win User
    No. Sorry. I'm saying that my pdf's only show the letters pdf on the thumbnail instead of showing what the actual doc is so I can't tell which one I need without opening them up which is a pain!

acmckee, Feb 24, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    PDF for one do not show as thumbnails picture if that is what you meant shows just PDF on thumbnail file. Same on mine PDF on thumbnail.

jds63, Feb 25, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    Try to scan your document and save as a JPEG. Now you can preview your scan.
    Here is sample for HP Officejet Pro 8500. Make sure you select Save as JPEG before you click the Scan button.

Attaching a scan [​IMG]

snoopy51, Feb 25, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Attaching a scan

So your basically saying your PDF have no name on the file of what it is ? How did you download or create these again ? I asked about if it was scanned from a scanner or not.

jds63, Feb 25, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Exactly what i thought at first, but did not receive clarification on how PDF was made.

jds63, Feb 25, 2016
  10. b1rd Win User
    Hi acmckee,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but take a look at the File Explorer Options (Control Panel > File Explorer Options) and make sure there's no check in the respective box. See HERE.

Also, the icons need to be large enough to be displayed as a thumbnail, so you might need to look at that too. If it's on the Desktop, an easy way to change the sizes of icons is to simply hold down the Ctrl button as you move your scroll wheel.

Attaching a scan [​IMG]

Thema:

Attaching a scan

1. Attaching a scan - Similar Threads - Attaching scan

2. Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails: I am having difficulty for days now not being able to open word documents, pdf documents, scanning a document and not being able to save the document and sometimes it will not allow me to attached documents to an email. Everything is up to date on my computers....
  3. Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails: I am having difficulty for days now not being able to open word documents, pdf documents, scanning a document and not being able to save the document and sometimes it will not allow me to attached documents to an email. Everything is up to date on my computers....
  4. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  5. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  6. M365 Defender - ATP scan - is there an option to deliver email only after file attachment...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    M365 Defender - ATP scan - is there an option to deliver email only after file attachment...: In Microsoft 365 Defender, under tenant's Safe Attachments policy, currently it is set to dynamic delivery. O365 Email scanning option is set to email text is delivered first while attachment is still waiting to be scanned which causes a bit of frustration when opening...
  7. M365 Defender - ATP scan - option to deliver email only after file attachment has completed...

M365 Defender - ATP scan - option to deliver email only after file attachment has completed...: In Microsoft 365 Defender, under tenant's Safe Attachments policy, currently it is set to dynamic delivery. O365 Email scanning option is set to email text is delivered first while attachment is still waiting to be scanned which causes a bit of frustration when opening...
  8. Does the defender real time scan extend to attached drives?

Does the defender real time scan extend to attached drives?: I would like to know whether Windows Defender's real time scan extends to usb attached storage devices like flash drives, HDDs and SSDs? If i transferred an infected file from a laptop HDD to USB drive and ii from USB drive to laptop HDD would Defender catch these...
  9. My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email

in Windows 10 Customization
    My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email: Hi, I have Outlook 2019 standalone installed on Windows 10, and Outlook is set as the default mail client. I have an Epson printer/scanner with the latest version of SmartScan. When I attempt to scan a document and attach it to an email, it fails to load Outlook. See...
  10. SFC Scan unable to fix, log included. help? Log attached

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scan unable to fix, log included. help? Log attached: Hi guys, I am not sure which specific place to post this (maybe in debugging?) but I ran Sfc /scannow, and it resulted with Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, Here is the log, Ideas? thanks. Using...