Windows 10: Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop

Discus and support Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have up to date Win 10 installed and I have attached an Rioddas external dvd r/rw drive and it says "the last usb device connected has malfunctioned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roger_Pryor, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop

I have up to date Win 10 installed and I have attached an Rioddas external dvd r/rw drive and it says "the last usb device connected has malfunctioned and is not available"

Is there another driver required?

:)

Roger_Pryor, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Jenny_50 Win User

External DVD/RW not recognized withWindows 10

Unfortunately my problem is still not sorted. My Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga laptop will not recognize my external DVD/RW drive.

Any more suggestions anyone, apart from those suggested above?

Jenny_50, Mar 12, 2020
  3. DVD Drive not Reading DVD+RW or DVD+R DL disks

My DVD drive (F) will not write on a
    DVD+RW disk or a DVD+R DL disk. I have no problem using regular DVD's. (only RW & DL). I've researched online and I uninstalled the driver as per the instructions and restarted my computer but the problem
    wasn't fixed. Any suggestions? Thanks

DavidZannino, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop

External DVD RW drive

Hi!

I installed an LG portable super multi drive some years ago when the built-in DVD+RW drive no longer functioned. It worked very satisfactorily but it now is showing signs of wearout and needs replacing. Unfortunately I upgraded to Windows 10 last year (?)
    and as far as I can see none of the commonly available external RW drives are compatible with Windows 10! Does anyone have any experience in this area or have any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation.

Lucullus_987, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop

1. Attaching an external DVD r/rw drive to a Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - Attaching external DVD

2. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  3. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  5. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  6. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. External DVD-RW Not Working

External DVD-RW Not Working: Hey guys, so I'm trying to play a PC game on my laptop. My laptop is a Gateway and it runs on Windows 10. After I insert the disc into the drive, the green light blinks, then a second or two later, it turns off and back on with the hardware add and remove sound playing. Does...
  8. DVD-RW drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD-RW drive: I have windows 10 pro and for some reason it will not recognize my DVD-RW drive now. it says code 45 hardware device is not connected. help how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive/c1e425aa-bc0b-4a0a-8317-4f686d91a155
  9. DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc: My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e-not-recognizing-formatted-verbatim/64c0442b-a193-4511-9413-3efe8f2858ff
  10. DVD-RW Drive

DVD-RW Drive: I burnt photos on the DVD-RW drive with a DVD-R disc, the photos are now blurred. Could it be because I used an R disc instead DVD-RW.? Trying to get to the bottom of the blurring problem, never had this before. 79294