Windows 10: Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

Discus and support Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charlie3444, May 14, 2019.

1. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack or somewhere else, the application crashes after freezing.

:)

Charlie3444, May 14, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Can you automate changing default application for a file type?

How are you manually setting it back to Acrobat Reader? Thru the Reader app? Try this to see if it will stick better.

Scroll down till you see the .pdf, right click whatever app it's assigned to, and change it. I have it at Firefox for now. Choose Acrobat in the dropdown list.

Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application [​IMG]

f14tomcat, May 14, 2019
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, May 14, 2019
  4. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

Windows File Explorer crashes when attaching a file to an email.

Hi Murph,

File corruption, incorrectly configured settings, and application error are a few of the reasons why you are experiencing issues attaching a file to your email. Before we proceed, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Is the issue happening to all types of files you’re trying to attach to an email, or just on a specific file?
    • For clarification, are you using the Windows Mail app to access your email?
    • Did you set up your email on Outlook before?
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?

In the meantime, you can try to check which email application is configured as a default application on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Check the application set up under Email.
    • Choose the application you prefer to use. If you’re using the Windows Mail app, choose
      Mail.
    • Try adding an attachment and see if the issue persists.

We will be waiting for an update.

Kristine Arp, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

1. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application - Similar Threads - Attaching Office file

2. Insertion pointer disappear abruptly and intermittently while typing in any application....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insertion pointer disappear abruptly and intermittently while typing in any application....: Technical DetailsWindows version - 21H2 os build 19044.1889Troubleshooting:--disabled touchpad still same if it's brushing by mistake while typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insertion-pointer-disappear-abruptly-and/62eceac8-af7b-4cb0-af9e-bd0b3baa5df3
  3. My Application are crashing and I can't able to open any kind of file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Application are crashing and I can't able to open any kind of file: 2 days before i bought my laptop. At that time he was working very good, no problem at all. But yesterday i received an notification at the time of shut down that is " Windows is updating. Please don't off your pc." So i followed the instructions. After updated i shutdown my...
  4. OFFICE APPLICATIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFFICE APPLICATIONS: I cannot open my applications. I am getting an error that says the application was unable to start connecting click ok to close the application with an error in parenthesis...
  5. Windows Explorer not responding in any Microsoft Office applications.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer not responding in any Microsoft Office applications.: I have been trying to solve this problem on my computer for the past two days and finally found the answer. There are other threads out there that give suggestions, but none of them worked. the answer is so easy to do. Open any panel/window pane Click on View on the...
  6. Associating applications with file types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Associating applications with file types: I have two applications that will open a particular file type- an older and a newer application. Files tend to open with the older, less useful application; to get the newer app with the better functionality I need to Right-click the file and select "Open With" from the...
  7. Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email

Cannot attach any MicroSoft Office file to email: When attempting any Word or Excel document to email (I have 3 web based email platforms that I've tried including gmail), my browser goes into 'Not Responding' and just keeps spinning. This happens as soon as I select the file I want to attach. I eventually need to kill it...
  8. Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.

Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.: I need your assistance in solving a problem I am having using my Laptop. I have started having some strange occurrences happening on my computer and am looking to get some help. Without any notice, I am no longer able to attach files to WhatsApp, nor able to save images or...
  9. I Can't Open any application type exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Open any application type exe: I accidentally changed the file type of application.exe to srt.exe. I don't know how to change the type again. I can't open any application now even including task manager, command prompt, and registry editor. Please help me....
  10. BSOD while using any Office 2016 Applications

BSOD while using any Office 2016 Applications: After a few seconds, minutes, or hours of using any of the Office 2016 applications, my computer crashes with BSOD. I got this Laptop around 2 months ago. I believe all the information on my system is in the attached zip file. If not, please let me know, I won't hesitate to...