Windows 10: Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

Discus and support Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue with attaching Excel files to emails. The browser (and it is doesn’t matter which browser I am using) freezes when I attach this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Regina Morgan, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

I have an issue with attaching Excel files to emails. The browser (and it is doesn’t matter which browser I am using) freezes when I attach this file type. Any help?

:)

Regina Morgan, Mar 29, 2019

2. browser freezes when attaching excel file

no matter which browser I use it freezes when I open an excel file to attach to an email.

WillBerry2, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    browser freezes when attaching excel file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In regards to your concern, please help me with the following questions:

1. Is the issue specific to only one Excel file or all the Excel files?

2. Are you facing issues with attaching any other images or files to your Email?

Add-ons can sometimes cause browsers to run slowly and crash, or they might pose a security or compatibility risk. You can turn off specific add-ons to help increase your browsing speed, or if you suspect they're causing problems
    for web browsers. You can also remove add-ons that you're no longer using from your PC. It's a good idea to delete add-ons if you suspect they're causing performance, compatibility, or security problems.

Please refer the article:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11
    and try the provided steps to disable the add-ons on Internet explorer. Then try attaching the excel file to an email and check if that helps.

Also, refer the article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Note: perform all the steps provided in the article except
    Reset your PC.

We await your response.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

browser freezes when attaching office file

Negative on the resolution. Still freezes the browser when attaching excel file. other files are fine,

anything else to try?

WillBerry2, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

1. Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser - Similar Threads - Attaching Excel files

2. cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11: cant attach excel file to email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-i-attach-an-excel-file-to-an-email-windows11/3755944e-c71c-429c-8119-a47d6844ebde
  3. cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant i attach an excel file to an email windows11: cant attach excel file to email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-i-attach-an-excel-file-to-an-email-windows11/3755944e-c71c-429c-8119-a47d6844ebde
  4. problem attaching a file to an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem attaching a file to an email: i am trying to send an attached file with an email. it's not working. it wants me to open the file. when I've "opened" the file in the past, it attached it to the email. now it says there is not a valid path to attach it....
  5. Can't attach email file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't attach email file.: Hello.A couple weeks ago my computer ungraded to win 11. All went well for a couple weeks, then after a recent update, now when I try to attach a file, it locks google chrome or any browser up. I have to shut the program down. However, if I attach the file from a flash drive,...
  6. browser freezes when attaching excel file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser freezes when attaching excel file: no matter which browser I use it freezes when I open an excel file to attach to an email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-freezes-when-attaching-excel-file/499bc624-8794-4938-9ef2-7409d76fc6b0
  7. Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Attachments in Email Preview Show Older Data: I have an automated process that updates data in Excel and sends it as an email attachment. When the viewer receives the attachment, the preview shows data as of the Excel files first load (e.g. 11/23/18) instead of the latest information. In order to see the latest data in...
  8. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...
  9. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  10. excel email attachments convert to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel email attachments convert to PDF: Excel files received as excel files convert to PDF when downloaded or opening. I have tried right click and open with Excel and open in browser. Neither works. I have Windows 10 and Office 2003. I have a Comcast email address and an Office 365 email address. Help would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser crashes when attaching excel files