Windows 10: Attaching files

Discus and support Attaching files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot attach office files to emails. 1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomDoise, Jan 3, 2020.

1. TomDoise Win User

Attaching files

I cannot attach office files to emails.

1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter which browser Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox have all been tried.

2 I can attach other types of files such as pdf's and jpegs.

3 It used to be that I could not use the attach button to attach, now I cannot drag and drop either.

4 Windows 10.

5 System restore gives me unspecified error.

6 Windows and office is up to date.

7 Oh in order to open an excel file, I must open it from excel. I cannot open it by clicking on it in the folder.

Is there anybody who knows what to do?

:)

TomDoise, Jan 3, 2020

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 3, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Attaching files

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Attaching files :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attaching files [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Attaching files

1. Attaching files - Similar Threads - Attaching files

2. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  3. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  4. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.: Hi, my PC has bluescreened 3 times in the span of a month. I have updated windows and my graphic card drivers.Here's the Google Drive link for the minidump.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TABGE7BRT-YcTZq2oILF1y4ZUAIjJcSF/view?usp=drive_linkThanks!...
  5. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.: Hi, my PC has bluescreened 3 times in the span of a month. I have updated windows and my graphic card drivers.Here's the Google Drive link for the minidump.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TABGE7BRT-YcTZq2oILF1y4ZUAIjJcSF/view?usp=drive_linkThanks!...
  6. PC blue screened with error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Minidump file attached.

7. wheres the attach file button in copilot ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wheres the attach file button in copilot ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bedouinbro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bzv7mk/wheres_the_attach_file_button_in_copilot/
  8. computer crashing every night -attached dump files can someone tell my why its crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashing every night -attached dump files can someone tell my why its crashing?: Here is link to a few days worth of dump files and the most recent memory file. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ps2cntf37ajl56kegv430/dump-files.zip?rlkey=hi9ee976r5ezw158r3c7asyt6&dl=0...
  9. computer crashing every night -attached dump files can someone tell my why its crashing?

computer crashing every night -attached dump files can someone tell my why its crashing?: Here is link to a few days worth of dump files and the most recent memory file. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ps2cntf37ajl56kegv430/dump-files.zip?rlkey=hi9ee976r5ezw158r3c7asyt6&dl=0...
  10. How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...: I was able to set this view in File Explorer, but cannot in other such windows. By default, it opens with Gallery shown, but I want to open it with Home visible without having to scroll up each time....