Windows 10: Attaching photos to email using Photos

Discus and support Attaching photos to email using Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillocYL, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BillocYL Win User

Attaching photos to email using Photos

When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do use it the attachments appear at original resolution thus creating excessively large file sizes for email.

It is very easy with Photo gallery to attach pictures where the option of sending the photos as S, M, large or origainal

is available with a click.

As my grandfather said "If it ain't broke don't fix it" .

Why did Windows scrap P. gallery and come up with a new program rather that just adding to P Gallery.

:)

BillocYL, Feb 14, 2019
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Feb 14, 2019
  3. attaching photos to outgoing emails

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can attach photos to outgoing email by locating the photos from the drive and clicking on it, then hit Ok; moreover, the "open" option that you are getting implies that the application is not set as a default. If you
    can provide a screenshot of the issue, it would be helpful to fix this.

We would like to know more information to help you resolve this. Please answer the following questions below:

• Are you using an application like Outlook or Mail app to send email or you are sending through web?
    • When did this issue start?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before this issue occur?

Meanwhile, you can follow some suggested steps:

• Set Default app for Photos. Head over to this link
      for the instructions.
    • You can also create a new user account to help you fix this. Please visit this
      link
      for the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response and the result.

Lemuel Cie, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Attaching photos to email using Photos

where is resize option before sending an email with a photo,????

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Which email are you referring to email app or email client server?
    • Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Attach photo in a mail.
    • Left click on a photo.
    • You will get a resize option, you can drag & resize photo.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Attaching photos to email using Photos

1. Attaching photos to email using Photos - Similar Threads - Attaching photos email

2. Photo attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo attachments: Hi I've recently changed a setting in on my PC that is now making my photos extremely slow to attach if at all. It happens to any photo that I try to upload or attach in uploading in an email or to upload it to a site I am trying to sent it to it takes a super long time as...
  3. emailing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emailing photos: So far using Bing and Microsoft photo storage, it has been a total disaster trying to e-mail photos to friends and family. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-photos/b417c0fd-9937-4688-b2d1-2b954a43935f
  4. attaching photos to emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....
  5. Sending photos in email

Sending photos in email: I'm trying to send some photos as attachments to a gmail message. I have not been able to find how to do it in Windows 10. Can someone help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-photos-in-email/02e2c64f-8a37-485e-9058-25b81c0bf0ca
  6. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email: It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer: when I select the pics then click email I can chose the size and "attach". For a couple of seconds the computer does something -...
  7. photo to be used for wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo to be used for wallpaper: I have uploaded my photos to computer and would like to display them as my wall paper, where is that option to set that up? tx B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-to-be-used-for-wallpaper/9cbf4ac2-b69b-4bbe-ab37-e8529d10aa76
  8. clarity of photos used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clarity of photos used: The photos used in the new Banff collection are not nearly the quality used previously. Good subjects but fuzzy and out of focus. the background photos that appear when first booting up are terrific. Use some of THOSE!...
  9. Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  10. Reduce photo size in emails

in Browsers and Email
    Reduce photo size in emails: In Windows 10, how can I reduce the size of photos I want to attach to my emails so that the entire photo either fits or is smaller than the screen size? 49719