Windows 10: attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook

Discus and support attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Upgraded both our Desktop & Laptop to Windows 10 in the past few months. Last week I tried to access some Outlook emails that were more than... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dogpark, Feb 9, 2016.

1. dogpark Win User

attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook

Hi,

Upgraded both our Desktop & Laptop to Windows 10 in the past few months.
    Last week I tried to access some Outlook emails that were more than two years old, the attachments & emoticons do not appear. This is on both PC's & the same result using Edge, IE or Chrome.

I installed Windows Live Mail & now I can see all the attachments & emoticons. Forwarded some of the emails from Live Mail to myself & now in Outlook the attachments/emoticons all appear as well (all three browser Edge, IE & Chrome). So say for instance I have a 2 & 1/2 year old email in a Outlook folder that will not display attachments/emoticons but the very same email just forwarded from Live Mail to my Outlook inbox now displays all attachments & emoticons *Confused

Tried inspecting elements but really have no idea what I'm doing. See msgs regarding HTML, Java Script in Edge? Don't have either Java or Silverlight installed, guess the newer browsers are moving towards HTML.

So can anyone help me to understand what is happening?

Thank you as always

:)

dogpark, Feb 9, 2016

2. Problems receiving attachments from pop3 account

Hi,

I'm having problems getting attachments on my new Lumia 900.

1. I use Outlook on my desktop and new Lumia with my primary email account being a pop3 email address from comcast
    2. When I send an email using Outlook with any type of attachments to myself, the email shows up in Outlook with the attachments. The same email also shows up on the Lumia, but no paperclip/attachment. When you go into the body of the email, there is
    a link that says "Download message (about XX KB). I click on it, it says downloading at the top, but then that link disappears and the attachment doesn't show up.
    3. Sending the same exact message from comcast's webmail, hotmail, or gmail works. Attachments show up as paperclips, I can open and view them, etc.
    4. I updated the OS version as soon as I got it... OS version: 7.10.8112.7
    5. Never had this issue with the last phone, an Android
    6. This happens whether or not I "forward" or "send" an email with attachments. Not sure if I have same issue with email from someone else as I just noticed this and haven't received any emails with attachments on phone yet (just got phone yesterday)
    7. I need ability to send myself email attachments (to phone from desktop) without going through the hassle of uploading it to skydrive or getting online to send email through hotmail or comcast webmail. I also have pop3 accounts linked to Outlook that
    I don't want on the phone, but if I want to forward an email from the other accounts, I can't.
    8. Basically it seems like somewhere along the line the attachments are being stripped when I get them on phone from a pop3 account.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

Kevin

Lizzzard59, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 mail app shows alias as main account instead of my main email.

I want to correct one of my statements from previous post.

"However, my old primary email (which I prefer not to delete yet), is still attached to my Calendar, Mail app and the Outlook app on windows phones still wants to use my old primary"

Correction: My old primary email (which is currently my alias) is still showing up as primary for my Calendar app (on all my devices), Mail app(on my laptop and desktop both windows 10) & Outlook app(on the Windows 8.1 phone).

So even though my outlook settings show that my old email is "alias", all the apps I name are not updated to reflect my new primary.

there has to be a better way besides deleting our old email accounts

Mighty Tempest, Feb 9, 2016
  4. dogpark Win User

When I inspect element on these pictures & emoticons it looks to me as if they are associated img file type.
    According to the Default File Type Associations - Restore in Windows 10 Tutorial I see img file type has a description of CD or DVD image file no Default App.

So grasping at straws here am wondering if I point the .reg for img to Microsoft Edge as the html file types are - might that possibly open the pictures inside Outlook? How would I point img file type to Microsoft Edge?
    In fact when I browse Choose Default Apps by File Type in Settings I cannot find .img? Goes right from .imesx to .inc. Should there be .img there?

Not very good with registry, sorry.

thank you

dogpark, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

1. attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook - Similar Threads - attachments old emails

2. Outlook email old version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email old version: outlook email keeps asking for password...works on other devices but not laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-old-version/6d7d1f2d-7a1e-4b5f-a534-c5f816da3dd3
  3. Outlook email old version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email old version: outlook email keeps asking for password...works on other devices but not laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-old-version/6d7d1f2d-7a1e-4b5f-a534-c5f816da3dd3
  4. Old Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Email Attachments: Feedback Email AttachmentsHello, I am having a problem deleting old email attachments from my Outlook email account. The problem ones are three to four years old and the email they were attached to have been deleted long ago. Is there a way to fix this? I know it’s not...
  5. Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments: I have a whole wrath of old attachments in older outlook online web based email account PC Windows 10 When i search and list i can only view or download one by one . I do not have any options or pull down windows to delete these files I wish to delete a wrath of these old...
  6. Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments: I have a whole wrath of old attachments in older outlook online web based email account PC Windows 10 When i search and list i can only view or download one by one . I do not have any options or pull down windows to delete these files I wish to delete a wrath of these old...
  7. Outlook - Email Attachments missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook - Email Attachments missing.: Hey, I am facing an issue with Inbox emails with attachments. Some mails have attachments that just don't show up in my inbox on the outlook APP. These mails checked online on Gmail or Zoho mail show the attachments. The problem is not universal, since I have many...
  8. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  9. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  10. AOL emails showing up in Outlook inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL emails showing up in Outlook inbox: My AOL email messages just started showing up in my Outlook Business inbox and I need help stopping it. The only thing I have done recently was updating Edge....