Windows 10: Attachments not sent in emails

Discus and support Attachments not sent in emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just like in this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957 I have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlisonMadrey, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Attachments not sent in emails

Just like in this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957

I have the same problem. I send emails but the attachments - that I KNOW are there - don't send. They are removed from the email, which is then sent. This happens when the file sizes are on the large size (today's was about 4.4MB) or when I send several at one time. It's not consistent. Sometimes I get lucky and can send 6 MB of files at one time. I just never know when the attachment bandit is going to strike.

I use Windows 10, the built-in Microsoft Mail program with an outlook.com mail account. (This forum forced me to pick "Live" mail but I don't think it's technically called that. It's just called "Mail.")

The problem does not happen when I use a browser to send the email. I can also get the email to send the attachments if I send a NEW email... instead of a reply to an existing email thread. It's very odd.

This is affecting my ability to do my work and deliver things to my clients. Please help. Thanks.

:)

AlisonMadrey, Dec 5, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 5, 2019
  3. BobAloisi Win User
    Email with attachment not sent

using windows 10 Mail, can send email but when I send same email with attachment, it doesn't get sent. doesn't show in drafts, sent or outbox folders. attachment is small, a 417kb pdf

BobAloisi, Dec 5, 2019
  4. RadCazz Win User

Attachments not sent in emails

Tailoring Emails Sent to Multiple Contacts

Hello.

I want to send emails to multiple contacts, separated by the ; of course, but if an individual replies, that reply would only be seen by me, the original sender.

You see, I sent an email to multiple contacts and the replies were meant for me only - not for reading by the whole contact list I sent the email to. You follow?

It is rather redundant to re-type/send individual emails saying the same thing to many contacts to get individual responses.

Let's say, for example, I sent out a performance questionnaire to many contacts. I want the contacts to reply without the other contacts knowing what their responses are.

Nothing 'shady' mind you. Just want contacts to freely express their opinions/suggestions/recommendations/help.

Thanks for your input!

RadCazz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Attachments not sent in emails

1. Attachments not sent in emails - Similar Threads - Attachments sent emails

2. Attaching emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching emails: Hi,I have a picture in one of my emails in my inbox that I would like to attach to another email in my inbox so that I could send it. Can anyone help me? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-emails/250e8f72-53d4-4f39-809f-8f618b90c5be
  3. email attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email attachments: Until a few weeks ago, I had no trouble opening email attachments sent as .docx. Now, when I click on Download, I get the error message:Check file permissions for drive or documentMake sure there is enough free spaceOpen with text recovery converterI can open PDF documents...
  4. PNGs attached to emails sent via Windows 10?

PNGs attached to emails sent via Windows 10?: Often when I send out an e-mail from my Windows 10 email app on my desktop, a .PNG file gets attached and I don't know it until someone asks what it is. I've tried looking for an answer but no luck. When I clicked on the PNG it took me to my photos. Can you help get rid of...
  5. email attachment

email attachment: When i open an email that has an attachment it auto saves it to my hard drive I want the option of only viewing or saving which it used to have before this addition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/70215257-d48f-4a82-9fcf-17a2f8ae9425
  6. Attachments to emails

Attachments to emails: I have Windows 10 and use Mail Live. For the last week I have been unable to see all sent emails, and attachments referred to in emails received are not visible. I can access these in Outlook or my gmail account online. How can this be fixed?...
  7. Scanned images unable to be attached & sent via email.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanned images unable to be attached & sent via email.: I use a Canon printer model Pixma TS6260. Recently, while still being able to scan & file images, the function of attaching & sending the images no longer works ?...
  8. Email attachment

Email attachment: How do I attach a saved document to an outgoing email? A series of export.pdf documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/50753f16-8e21-4287-831c-4e5e2ad2e1bd"
  9. Sent Emails

Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...
  10. Email Attachments

Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...