Windows 10: Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

Discus and support Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hackers don't even need your password anymore to get access to your cloud data. Newly published research, released at the Black Hat conference in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 5, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

Source

:)

labeeman, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 crashes randomly.

You can use any file sharing service like Onedrive or dropbox or google drive.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windoes 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

Thanks for your help and interest.

Most of my work files are on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive, so if the computer crashes, I can still work on other computers and access the files.

But I will make a backup on an external hard drive, as you recommended.

Thanks again.

Sytze

SytzeJarigsma, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Looks like I will remove one drive

Gary, Aug 5, 2015
  5. stormy13 Win User
    One more reason I don't use and likely never will use any cloud based service.

stormy13, Aug 5, 2015
  6. sgage Win User
    *Ditto (At last I get to use the 'ditto' emoticon!)

sgage, Aug 5, 2015
  7. rmtracy Win User
    Add another remove to the pile!

rmtracy, Aug 5, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Two-factor authentication thwarts this.

simrick, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Joanne Win User
    I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro just to regain Group Policy so that I will be able to disable OneDrive. It was the first thing I did right after the clean installation of the OS.

Joanne, Aug 5, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    One drive can't be disabled in windows 10 home.

groze, Aug 5, 2015
  11. sgage Win User
    You can simply not use it - you really don't need to 'disable' anything. You can got into the Task Monitor, and under 'start' disable the PC client from ever booting up. But if you simply don't use it, no problem.

sgage, Aug 5, 2015
  12. That's what she said was the reason she went to 10 Pro.

stealth2920, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

It is history on my machine. I never like it anyway.

14. This^ It's even in the source. "There isn't a simple fix," he said. Although many services now offer two-factor authentication and notifications when unauthorized access is detected -- such as from a new computer or an entirely different geography -- Schulman said many people either ignore those notifications or choose not to do anything about them." Just do something about it. Turn on two step protection.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 6, 2015
  15. And to further add, the attacker has to get onto your computer first. In order to get that token file. So really the sky is not falling like some want to proclaim.

logicearth, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW. - Similar Threads - Attackers access Dropbox

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  4. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  6. unzip a file without pw

unzip a file without pw: ok trying to open a zipped file but its asking for a passwords but i never put a password on it so I'm confused can anyone help?Tks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-a-file-without-pw/106a6e6a-9858-41eb-b793-15e5237ebaa8
  7. Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC

Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC: I have a second portable laptop that is VERY limited in storage: Lenovo Ideapad 100, 32G SSD, no HD. Windows 10 ver 1909. I do not have space to sync my laptop to Google Drive and have it make that huge file structure that is a copy of the Google drive. I have that on the PC...
  8. How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu: [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive from the context menu, then this article will show you how to get […] This article How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Dropbox and Google Drive: I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't...
  10. How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?: I like OneDrive and use it on an almost daily basis, but I don't like the syncing. I wish I could access it as a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? 60326