Windows 10: Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error

Discus and support Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the folders is openable, but refuses to be deleted, the other simply can't be opened. When trying to delete both, they say they're no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreMF, Apr 27, 2020.

1. AndreMF Win User

Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error

One of the folders is openable, but refuses to be deleted, the other simply can't be opened. When trying to delete both, they say they're no longer found in that directory, despite the fact that I never attempted to move them, just delete them.

:)

AndreMF, Apr 27, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

Curious thing...

When deleting a X:\subfolder I am getting a recyle bin error:"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin."
    The longest path in all the sub-subfolders is 247.
    When I select that file (longest path), deleting is no problem.When I select all sub-subfolders deleting is no poblems/errors.
    Then go up 1 level and delete the empty X:\subfolder.
    Basically the same has been accomplished then.Out of curiosity: anyone out there who knows why I got this error in the first place?

Thanks.

tfwul, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Attempt delete multiple folders in a subfolders resulted in 'unable to find file' error - Similar Threads - Attempt delete multiple

2. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  3. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  4. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  5. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  6. Unable to delete files or folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folder: I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 and I need to delete a folder containing about 6 files and 4 sub folders. When I click delete, I get the following error: [img] I am then prompted with a dialog where I enter the administrator username and password. I then get the...
  7. Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder: Hi everyone! I am looking for a way that I can copy DNG files from subfolders which also contain JPG, CR2 and XMP files all into one another folder. The CR2 and XMP will be wiped out with two DEL /S command, the JPG should stay where they are (they are the files to deliver to...
  8. Unable to delete files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files and folders: I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it. This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?...
  9. Can't Delete Windows.old folder or subfolders.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Delete Windows.old folder or subfolders.: After doing an In-place Reinstall of WIndows 10 X64 to fix update problems. I ran the Clean Windows Files Program to Delete all 'Old' Windows Folders & files. All seemed to go well until I looked at C:\ dribve and see that Windows.old still exists. I've tried everything to...
  10. Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders: Curious thing... When deleting a X:\subfolder I am getting a recyle bin error:"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin." The longest path in all the sub-subfolders is 247. When I select that file (longest path), deleting is no problem.When...