Windows 10: Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop

Discus and support Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to have a laptop (say X) Windows 10 (UEFI+GPT). After that laptop stopped working, I took out its SSD (no HDD installed), used this adapter and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pramodhrachuri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop

I used to have a laptop (say X) Windows 10 (UEFI+GPT). After that laptop stopped working, I took out its SSD (no HDD installed), used this adapter and tried to boot it up on a different laptop (say Y). Now, Windows doesn't boot up at all. Its always stuck in diagnostics, attempting repair and advanced boot options.

Just to test, I took the perfectly working SSD out of laptop Y, connected using another adapter and tried to boot. It stuck in boot loop too.

So, what should I do to fix this?

submitted by /u/pramodhrachuri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pramodhrachuri, Jan 11, 2021
  2. rogerLE65 Win User

Problems booting win10 after cloned SSD swap

I have recently purchased a SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1 TB SSD to upgrade my existing SSD C drive (250GB OCZ-AGILITY)

Using Samsung Data Migration Tool I eventually cloned the new drive successfully after several failed attempts using a spare SATA lead.

I then openned up the PC and swapped out the old for the new drive.

On powering back up windows10 took me to an error screen that quotes a stopcode 0xc0000218 or sometimes BAD SYTEM INFO CONFIG
    Win 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Can anyone help me out?

Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop [​IMG]

stopcode screenstopcode screen

config screen prior to disk swap

config screen after disk swap

rogerLE65, Jan 11, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop

1. Attempt to SSD swapping lead to boot loop - Similar Threads - Attempt SSD swapping

2. Win 10 Optimize attempt leads to no boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Optimize attempt leads to no boot up: I selected disc optimization for my Win 10 platform 2015 Lenovo desk top PC, and now the system won't reboot. The screen only displays "Lenovo," and I cannot get the computer to respond to any of the CTRL + commands. So I turn the PC off, turn it back on, and it only boots...
  3. Win 10 Optimize attempt leads to no boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Optimize attempt leads to no boot up: I selected disc optimization for my Win 10 platform 2015 Lenovo desk top PC, and now the system won't reboot. The screen only displays "Lenovo," and I cannot get the computer to respond to any of the CTRL + commands. So I turn the PC off, turn it back on, and it only boots...
  4. Win 10 Optimize attempt leads to no boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swapping a HDD for an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping a HDD for an SSD: I am swapping an HDD for a Samsung SSD in an HP Pavilion Laptop, what would be the easiest way to make a clean install of windows on the SSD? I don't want to clone the drives since the HDD is extremely slow and I don't need most of the files. submitted by /u/VolphanGaming...
  6. Swapping to ssd?

Swapping to ssd?: I am currently running a system with Linux running on my m.2 nvme and Windows is running on my hdd. Is it possible to have both running on the one ssd and if so how can i move the windows installation to the ssd? submitted by /u/AyeYoItsMateo [link] [comments]...
  7. Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap

Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/J-Peezy24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iimldk/please_help_windows_not_booting_after_ssd_swap/
  8. Problems booting win10 after cloned SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems booting win10 after cloned SSD swap: I have recently purchased a SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1 TB SSD to upgrade my existing SSD C drive (250GB OCZ-AGILITY) Using Samsung Data Migration Tool I eventually cloned the new drive successfully after several failed attempts using a spare SATA lead. I then openned up the PC and...
  9. USB port connected-disconnected in loop, lead the pc into boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB port connected-disconnected in loop, lead the pc into boot loop: After 2 days I've bought my new 1050 ti graphic card, and 450w power supply, I immediately update my windows 10 to 1803 version that took me 2 days to download the update, then install my vga driver. it performs well until tomorrow morning the usb notification starts making...
  10. Swapping Smaller SSD with Bigger SSD - Cloning whole system and boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Smaller SSD with Bigger SSD - Cloning whole system and boot.: Hello there I purchased a Crucial MX300 525gb SSD to upgrade my laptop storage, that has an Intel Opal SSD 180gb on it. I need more space My idea was to clone the information from one SSD (intel is now inside the laptop) to the bigger SSD (using an USB-SATA cable and...