Windows 10: Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Discus and support Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mattyew, Nov 1, 2018.

1. mattyew Win User

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install. Right before the install was to start, the system stopped to verify my upgrade to W10 Home - from a physical Pro disc. No where could I find an option offering an upgrade to Pro. What gives?

:)

mattyew, Nov 1, 2018
  2. peterjax Win User

W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Ubersonic Win User
    W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

HP Laserjet 1606dn cannot create test page after W10 pro upgrade

Thanks for the suggestions. Did not work, even after repeated attempts.

I upgraded to W10 64 Pro from W7 64 Pro.

My new W10 said it was not able to migrate the HP 1606dn printer.

Please investigate whether this printer is actually supported by W10. I suspect it is not.

Also, please investigate other possible changes to the registry. I am competent to back up the registry before doing your suggested solutions.

Thanks again for your help.

StanleyAmberg, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

1. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure - Similar Threads - Attempt upgrade W10

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  6. Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home

Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home: I bought W10 Pro. Install failed. I spoke to someone in Live Chat who assured me that the fix provided would work. It didn't. When I try to use the Live chat now the old conversation is still there but no one is listening. I have a cryptic hex code for the error and brief...
  7. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  8. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  9. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  10. W10 upgrade failure

W10 upgrade failure: Installed all drivers under W7 Ran upgrade checks - and all backups. W10 upgraded proceeded, went to end reboot and presented Login screen Then found mouse & keyboard not working (in fact no USB at all) Found an old PS2 kyb that worked ... not easy finding your way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fail upgrade w10 home to pro