Windows 10: Attempted a restore

Discus and support Attempted a restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]Can someone help me with this message i received after a restore attempt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulAdam3, Mar 27, 2020.

1. PaulAdam3 Win User

Attempted a restore

Attempted a restore [​IMG]Can someone help me with this message i received after a restore attempt

:)

PaulAdam3, Mar 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Attempted a restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 27, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Attempted a restore

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Attempted a restore

1. Attempted a restore - Similar Threads - Attempted restore

2. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  3. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  4. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on blue screen after attempting to restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on blue screen after attempting to restore: Tried windows 11 and couldn't run certain programe. Tried to restore but is stuck at restoring loop. Keeps saying pc needs to restart and constantly runs for an entire day....
  6. Stuck on blue screen after attempting to restore

Stuck on blue screen after attempting to restore: Tried windows 11 and couldn't run certain programe. Tried to restore but is stuck at restoring loop. Keeps saying pc needs to restart and constantly runs for an entire day....
  7. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  8. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  9. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Computer won't boot - attempting to apply restore point.

Computer won't boot - attempting to apply restore point.: My Windows 11 desktop computer will not boot. It goes into repair mode, but then can't repair. I've gotten an error regarding "Critical Process Died" when trying to reboot. I've gotten into the advanced tools section and attempted to apply an automatic restore point from a...