Windows 10: Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...

Discus and support Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The clone failed. Is there a maximum drive size that M-R Clone drive will clone? After 8+ years of no failures whatsoever with M-R I was surprised.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DennisCPA, Nov 20, 2019.

1. DennisCPA Win User

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...

The clone failed.

Is there a maximum drive size that M-R Clone drive will clone? After 8+ years of no failures whatsoever with M-R I was surprised.

TIA Dennis

:)

DennisCPA, Nov 20, 2019

2. [US]   WD - Easystore 8TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black $130

These are at BestBuy online.

WD Easystore 8TB

Most everyone on other forums that have purchased these are stating they have new WD Red 8TB drives inside.

Pretty good deal for 8tb!!!

stinger608, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
  4. btarunr Win User

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...

Western Digital Announces the WD Gold Hard Drives

Western Digital Corporation, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced the expansion of its award-winning color portfolio with a new line; WD Gold datacenter hard drives. WD Gold datacenter hard drives are designed for a broad range of applications - including small- to medium-scale enterprise servers and storage, and rack-mount datacenter servers and storage enclosures. WD Gold drives are currently available at select U.S. distributors, resellers and through the WD Store.

With purpose-driven designs for the datacenter, WD Gold datacenter hard drives are launching with a new, high-capacity configuration of up to 8TB that offers HelioSeal helium-technology for performance, ideal capacity per square foot, power efficiency and low power consumption for datacenter environments. WD Gold datacenter hard drives feature an optimized design with an 8TB option that helps reduce the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of servers and storage systems, benefiting IT administrators challenged with growing storage capacity needs on limited budgets. WD Gold hard drives will also include a premium dedicated support line for customers worldwide.

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium... 63a_thm.jpg

"Western Digital has a proven history of providing award-winning purpose-driven products for unique requirements of each application environment, like WD Red, WD Purple and WD Blue drives," said Brendan Collins vice president of product marketing, Western Digital Corporation. "WD Gold is a pinnacle part of the color portfolio strategy and another step in creating optimized drives for the markets we serve. Our continued goal is to deliver the most competitive and reliable solutions on the market."

WD Gold datacenter hard drives include:
    • Improved power efficiency - New electronics enhance power efficiency up to 15 percent1. HelioSeal technology enables up to 26 percent lower power consumption2
    • Better performance - Up to 18 percent sequential performance improvement over previous generation WD Re 4TB datacenter drives, and up to 30 percent improvement in random write performance over previous generation WD Re 6TB datacenter drives through media-based cache, and up to 3x improvement over competitive offerings
    • High reliability - WD Gold incorporates best-of-breed design, manufacturing and test processes to achieve one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry - 2.5 million hours MTBF (8TB offering)
    • Dedicated Premium Support Line and WD Gold Model Numbers - Western Digital offers a 24/7 premium support line for WD Gold customers and can be reached at U.S.: (855) 559-3733; International: +80055593733. WD Gold model numbers:
      o 8TB: WD8002FRYZ
      o 6TB: WD6002FRYZ
      o 4TB: WD4002FYYZ

btarunr, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium... - Similar Threads - Attempted cloning 8TB

2. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  3. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  4. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.

8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.: I recently purchased and installed an 8TB internal hard drive. I looked up if I needed to activate the hard drive, then when I went to Disk Management, it doesn't look like it found the hard drive. I've connected the cable needed, but nothing. Did I do something wrong? Or is...
  6. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  7. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  8. Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.: Hi guys, A month ago (03/16/2019) I purchased and started to use an 8TB Seagate Desktop external hard drive with my laptop computer (2018 HP Pavilion 15t-cc500 CTO). I had been backing up my data with 2 different 4TB external hard drives before. I use a 4-port USB hub with...
  9. Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.: Hi guys, A month ago (03/16/2019) I purchased and started to use an 8TB Seagate Desktop external hard drive with my laptop computer (2018 HP Pavilion 15t-cc500 CTO). I had been backing up my data with 2 different 4TB external hard drives before. I use a 4-port USB hub with...
  10. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...