Windows 10: Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?

Discus and support Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have very little tech knowledge so bear with me. I've had some trouble with my Lenovo laptop recently, specifically with plugging in my Wackm art... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Transforce98, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?

I have very little tech knowledge so bear with me. I've had some trouble with my Lenovo laptop recently, specifically with plugging in my Wackm art tablet and Discord recognized it as...an audio device. Clicking no, since that's not what it is, it disconnects my tablet and I loose control of my usb mouse and mousepad. So I just restart my laptop. And here's where the first loop happens.

Automatic repair began and failed multiple times. The only other choice I thought I had was just a system restore. I have had to do this three out of the past four days.

Today, I was finally able to properly update my laptop. As I was waiting, it shut itself off at 40%. Just thinking it was restarting to only go back to updating, Automatic repair happens again. And here's the second loop. A boot loop, but this time, as the title says, Windows is gone. I went through multiple command prompts I found online and the command "bootrec /scanos" brought me a line of text that confused me.

"Total identified Windows installations: 0"

Running it by a tech friend and we both come to the conclusion that Windows just suddenly disappeared. We did find a possible way to install windows onto my laptop however, it's just 11:30 at night and too late to do a deep dive into this I think. Though I wanted to throw this out and see if anyone else has had this problem before? Am I wrong anywhere? Is this even a Windows 10 thing? If anyone can help, that would be great, or potentially direct me somewhere else to find what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Transforce98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Transforce98, Oct 1, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?

Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?

1. Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS? - Similar Threads - Attempting update somehow

2. My windows is unactivated somehow

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows is unactivated somehow: I am making this because my last post i wasnt able to reply on. And my windows is unactivated and someone by the name of EmilyS726 told me to run the command wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey and the command slmgr /dlv and the first command showed...
  3. My windows is unactivated somehow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is unactivated somehow: I am making this because my last post i wasnt able to reply on. And my windows is unactivated and someone by the name of EmilyS726 told me to run the command wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey and the command slmgr /dlv and the first command showed...
  4. My windows is unactivated somehow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can i somehow remove a specific driver from my windows oem

can i somehow remove a specific driver from my windows oem: so i have bought a laptop Gigabyte G5 me and it had a cutom Graphics driver that comes form manifacturer which coincidently idk where to find cuz in driver section on their website i barely have a drivers in there and i installed windows 10 on it cuz it came withouth the os...
  6. removing OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing OS: What are the steps I should take to remove an OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-os/938183d2-d256-469e-bbb3-ef170c087eb5
  7. removing OS

removing OS: What are the steps I should take to remove an OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-os/938183d2-d256-469e-bbb3-ef170c087eb5
  8. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...
  9. The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzmg9y/the_most_recent_feature_update_breakes_my_boot/
  10. Windows 10 update on my PC in the last year somehow removed my bluetooth from my Lenovo PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update on my PC in the last year somehow removed my bluetooth from my Lenovo PC: We thought that this was a common recent thing but maybe its not. Not sure when it happened, but it appears that with one of the windows 10 updates, that our bluetooth got disabled. I went to fix it and now it says that we do not have bluetooth, which is crazy because I have...