Windows 10: Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail

Discus and support Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have no + sign to create more folders. I've read prev threads- all have the same problem thread now locked, few of them are helped by instructions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarleysGhost, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail

I have no + sign to create more folders. I've read prev threads- all have the same problem thread now locked, few of them are helped by instructions. WHY is W10 such a mess? There really are so many problems. One after another. Most of us don't want to bcome techs...... we just want to use this tool that we've purchased. No wonder there's a slow take up. W7 was brilliant in so many ways. ​

:)

MarleysGhost, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to create Folders in Windows Mail app, we will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    How do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?
    and see if that helps.

You can also refer the article on
    Customize the folder list in Mail for Windows 10
    to organize the emails.

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
  3. vallero Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail

Mail for windows 10 - will not create folders

Mail for Windows 10 offers the ability of creating your own folders and subfolders. I have followed the steps to do this however I keep getting an error message saying the folder could not be created. My software is up to date and I have tried the other
    troubleshooting suggestion offered (closing the app and opening it again) without success. Other ideas to fix this?

SusanaSenes, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail

1. Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Attempting create folders

2. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  3. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  4. Creating Folders in Windows Mail

Creating Folders in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly followed the instructions previously offered on this forum as to how folders can be created in Windows Mail App. However, no + sign appears next to 'All Folders' after I click my account then click 'More'. Why is there no + sign? Also, it seems that there...
  5. Create folders in Mail is not an option

Create folders in Mail is not an option: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1909. I have Mail Version 16005.13110.41006.0 I am unable to create folders to organize my mail. The + sign mentioned in many posts about this problem is not showing on my screen. I have seen many posts over time with this...
  6. Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, For some reason i cannot create folders or sub-folders in Mail....... whenever I try I receive the following message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-folders-in-windows-10-mail/19b14330-3859-4808-af46-e0428fdd2be6
  7. Creating folders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating folders in Windows Mail: I have searched for instructions to add folders to Windows Mail. All say to click on the + by All Folders. I have no +. I have checked for updates. Now I am at loss. Thank you....
  8. UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi Guys, I am using my Icloud account linked to Windows 10 so I can organise my emails better. I've tried creating folders, however the computer deletes the folder and says it cannot be created. I've got no idea why. I've tried shutting the computer down and reloading...
  9. cannot create folders in windows mail app

in Browsers and Email
    cannot create folders in windows mail app: when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be...
  10. How to create folders for mail

in Browsers and Email
    How to create folders for mail: I have this same question. I want one inbox for all 8 of my email accounts. I want a single sent folder and single trash folder for all accounts. And, I want to be able to create my own folders below the bottom fixed folder (sent or trash or junk or whatever it happens to...