Windows 10: Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

Discus and support Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB. I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hinamizawasyndrome, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB.

I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4. These are all system, MSR, recovery, or my current OS, and are obviously unavailable. The USB is more than large enough, and I was able to boot into it to get this far, but it doesn't even show up in the list of drives. Is there something obvious I'm missing? I've never done this before, but it's mildly time-sensitive. Anything helps.

submitted by /u/hinamizawasyndrome
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hinamizawasyndrome, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did you read my response? "I can not select any other drives in the HP utility."

1. Download The Flash Bios From USB Package Below Bios From USB Package From Here DONE
    2. Install HPUSBDiskStorageFormatTool.exe DONE
    3. After You Install Run HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Icon Below UNDERSTOOD
    4. When HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Starts Select The Drop Down Bar And Select Your USB Device DONE but it will not allow me to choose my usb stick. As shown in the pic I posted, It has the right device name but the wrong drive letters. I can not choose anything else.

Step 5 could destroy two of my other partitions.

Lazzer408, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Nov 24, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

1. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... - Similar Threads - Attempting custom install

2. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  3. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  4. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can’t boot through USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot through USB.: So basically my computer won’t boot which I might be thinking is due to over filling my c: drive with stuff so after my computer auto upgraded to windows 11 I tried to reinstall windows 10 on it due to some minor issues with windows 11 and now it became too full halfway...
  6. I can’t boot through USB.

I can’t boot through USB.: So basically my computer won’t boot which I might be thinking is due to over filling my c: drive with stuff so after my computer auto upgraded to windows 11 I tried to reinstall windows 10 on it due to some minor issues with windows 11 and now it became too full halfway...
  7. I can’t boot through USB.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to boot through USB and cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot through USB and cd: This product is covered by one or more of the following patents.Arlight I was messing with some patents and now when I tryed to restart my computer it wouldn't boot and it gave me this error:Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 build 083 copyright c 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is...
  9. Unable to boot through USB and cd

Unable to boot through USB and cd: This product is covered by one or more of the following patents.Arlight I was messing with some patents and now when I tryed to restart my computer it wouldn't boot and it gave me this error:Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 build 083 copyright c 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is...
  10. Installing Windows Through USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows Through USB: Recently, my computer screen froze, so naturally I restarted it. When restarting it, it showed an error message and something involving system 32 being deleted or damaged. I've had this computer for years now so it does make sense for a problem like this to happen so this...