Windows 10: Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

Discus and support Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB. I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hinamizawasyndrome, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB.

I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4. These are all system, MSR, recovery, or my current OS, and are obviously unavailable. The USB is more than large enough, and I was able to boot into it to get this far, but it doesn't even show up in the list of drives. Is there something obvious I'm missing? I've never done this before, but it's mildly time-sensitive. Anything helps.

submitted by /u/hinamizawasyndrome
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hinamizawasyndrome, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did you read my response? "I can not select any other drives in the HP utility."

1. Download The Flash Bios From USB Package Below Bios From USB Package From Here DONE
    2. Install HPUSBDiskStorageFormatTool.exe DONE
    3. After You Install Run HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Icon Below UNDERSTOOD
    4. When HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Starts Select The Drop Down Bar And Select Your USB Device DONE but it will not allow me to choose my usb stick. As shown in the pic I posted, It has the right device name but the wrong drive letters. I can not choose anything else.

Step 5 could destroy two of my other partitions.

Lazzer408, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Nov 24, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

1. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB... - Similar Threads - Attempting custom install

2. Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB: Kari wrote - "Capturing install.wim from an existing installation only works on computers / virtual machines where all system elements and user accounts are located on Windows system partition C:" - is there a comprehensive list of the 'system elements' of Windows10. Normally...
  3. Installing Windows Through USB

Installing Windows Through USB: Recently, my computer screen froze, so naturally I restarted it. When restarting it, it showed an error message and something involving system 32 being deleted or damaged. I've had this computer for years now so it does make sense for a problem like this to happen so this...
  4. USB Boot installation media - can't select USB in BIOS Select media files

USB Boot installation media - can't select USB in BIOS Select media files: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 with Windows 10 Home. It came with a 1TB hard drive and I recently bought a WD blue 3d nand sata SSD m.2 500gb on which I would like to install a new Windows 10 boot. I have been following the instructions of...
  5. Installation USB won't boot

Installation USB won't boot: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10, 64 bit Enterprise evaluation. I extracted the ISO onto a USB drive which though won't boot. I see a blinking hyphen but nothing happens. I can start from my existing Windows 8.1 via File Explorer clicking Setup, when however the...
  6. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  7. USB BOOT

USB BOOT: Hi guys! can you pls help me how to boot from usb? im reinstalling my windows 10 from usb drive. After creating media creation tool what should i do next? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-boot/694b2c28-f4aa-4c99-b38a-42864a6b9e48
  8. no usb at boot

no usb at boot: With Win10 on Dell 5150 there is no usb support at boot also no ps2 socket available therefore can't access startup or BIOS. Please help. Thanks, 120623
  9. USB boot

USB boot: I upgraded from Vista to Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion Elite (model 934of, product# KQ497AA-ABA). I downloaded an ISO file to a USB flash drive using Rufus. Set the BIOS to boot from USB and the installation went well. However, now when I check the boot settings in the BIOS...
  10. Cannot get the recovery USB drive to boot or the USB installation USB

Cannot get the recovery USB drive to boot or the USB installation USB: I have just installed the free windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 home premium. I have used the file history program to create a USB and a DVD recovery disk prior to creating a system image ( not done yet ) I tried to test the recovery but it does not boot the system. The...