Windows 10: Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version)

Discus and support Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've already had some help with this in chat, both the people I spoke to were very helpful but I tend to forget half the problem in real-time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinMowat, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version)

Hello, I've already had some help with this in chat, both the people I spoke to were very helpful but I tend to forget half the problem in real-time conversation, so I'm trying this here.

I'm trying to upgrade my 32-bit windows 7 (version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1) to 64-bit windows 10 (I've got far more RAM than I can use at the moment). I've bought a genuine windows 10 key (through amazon, but from microsoft). My system information says it's 64 bit capable.

I've used the media creation tool several times to try to directly install to this pc, on the last and most successful attempt it got as far as the first reboot but then stuck on a black screen for over an hour. I eventually restarted the pc myeslf and got

"we couldn't install windows 10' error message 0xC 1900101 'install failed in FIRST BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation'

I realise the error message might refer to me switching the machine off and on again - the black screen I mentioned was considered a signal by my monitor, and I've previously had problems where the pre-windows screen (start windows normally in 20 secs etc) wouldn't show on this monitor for some reason - maybe to do with resolution? I've usually solved this with a separate monitor but on this occasion the second monitor wouldn't register a signal at all.

I eventually got windows 7 working again but had to disable driver signature enforcement to get it to boot, anything else I tried lead to 'this system can't be automatically repaired' but all the error codes in the log were oxo 'startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem'

I did install a new graphics card and the relevant drivers for it 2 days ago, it may be relevant but i didn't have the signature issue until after I tried to install windows 10.

I was writing this while I used the creation tool to download windows 10 onto a USB drive, hoping that might be more successful, but after about 96% it's come up "There was a problem running this tool. We're not sure what happened... reference the error code 0x80070008 - 0xA0003'

I was going to ask if this driver signature enforcement issue would cause further problems when trying to install from the USB, or if it might actually resolve the issue in the process, but now I'm back to asking for general help, I guess.

The first support person I spoke to in chat 2 days ago (ref 1448812336) kindly started downloading an ISO for me, but I later realised I don't have any blank discs, so I tried to follow the advice on the 'download windows 10' page to mount the ISO directly, but I couldn't get it right and ended up deleting it.

Since writing this I have twice attempted to download this ridiculous waste of time through another computer onto a USB drive, to no avail. A simple download should not generate 4 days' worth of tech support misery.

Thank you for reading all this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RobinMowat, Nov 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

perfect a confirmation that i need to keep W7 Pro on my main rig.

tho that issue is weird... (oh well ... "beta" ... feelings)

anyway thanks @RCoon

GreiverBlade, Nov 20, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 20, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version)

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version)

1. Attempting to download and install windows 10 (long version) - Similar Threads - Attempting download install

2. Long Downloads and Unnecessary Installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Long Downloads and Unnecessary Installs: I'm trying to download OneNote from the Microsoft Store. But there's many issues I'm facing with it: Its taking forever to download and install Every time I close/reset MS Store, other unnecessary apps start to download, even with me cancelling the download it still...
  3. Windows 10, Version 20H2 failed install attempt 0xc1900104

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Version 20H2 failed install attempt 0xc1900104: I am receiving the following error in my setuperr.log file after a failed Windows update2021-07-05 15:54:11, Error CONX aeinv: ERROR,GetAppInventory,102,Inventory already running: [0x800700aa]excerpt from setupact.log shows the following:2021-07-05 15:54:11, Info CONX...
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2 taking so long to download and install

Windows 10 version 20H2 taking so long to download and install: It has taken almost 10 hours to download and install and it still going: ''installing 84%'', why sooooooooooooooo looooooooooong ????? this is an insult to modern technology....
  5. windows 10 first version download and install?

windows 10 first version download and install?: Hi fellas, I'm looking for a guide on downloading re-installing Windows 10's first version, and then completely disabling windows updates. The reason for this is that current versions of windows 10 stopped supporting my GPU's drivers Radeon 7970m and basically bricked my...
  6. Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install

Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install: So I recently reset my PC via the Recovery tab in Settings. I did this to skirt the Upgrade Repair feature since it was not working, and Resetting seemed to be faster than performing a Clean Install of Win10. As far as I can tell, the reset fixed my initial issues with...
  7. installing a previously downloaded version of Windows 10

installing a previously downloaded version of Windows 10: I downloaded Windows 10 to a pc in 2016 or 17 (don't remember which) but did not install at the time as was happier with Windows 8.1. Can i now install this still for free on the pc?...
  8. Windows 10, version 1903 download and installation problems

Windows 10, version 1903 download and installation problems: I have followed the instructions and steps to install the updates on my dell Inspiron 17 5767 several times but it has always stalled. At first it got stuck at 35% and later at 25%. I have gone to dell's website to update the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers but it...
  9. Constant download and attempts to install 10.0.17744.1003

Constant download and attempts to install 10.0.17744.1003: Insider preview 10.0.17744.1003(rs5) keeps downloading and trying to install. Has done it 15 times now and I cant stop it, you cannot, I repeat cannot stop insider preview. Any attempt to try and change insider setting, results in a different preview version to be...
  10. How long for feature update to Windows 10 version 1709 install

How long for feature update to Windows 10 version 1709 install: Does anyone know how long it should take for the feature update of Windows 10 version 1709 to prepare to install on a PC? My own installation, courtesy of Windows Update, has taken about 90 minutes and is only 30% prepared to install. Can anyone advise? 95713