Windows 10: Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

Discus and support Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer was stuck at the black loading screen after it bluescreened so I was advised to attempt to enter winRE by hard shutting down and restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ThomasCurran1, May 8, 2021.

1. Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

My computer was stuck at the black loading screen after it bluescreened so I was advised to attempt to enter winRE by hard shutting down and restarting several times. After doing so three times the computer once again went to the black loading screen and then shut itself down. Now my computer cannot start at all, pushing the power button displays a blue light for 10 seconds and then it shuts off.

:)

ThomasCurran1, May 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, May 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, May 8, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

1. Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer - Similar Threads - Attempting enter winRE

2. Can't enter WinRE after INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter WinRE after INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error laptop: Hi, I am on a laptop when I was updating. Suddenly I see a blue screen and it just restarts to see the same message over and over again. I saw online a way to get onto WinRE but it doesn't work. Anyway I can fix this without having to buy a new laptop...
  3. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?: So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is that I never setup a password but instead PIN. How do I fix this?...
  6. The last MS update broke my pc. How can I access the BIOS or enter WinRE mode from a black...

The last MS update broke my pc. How can I access the BIOS or enter WinRE mode from a black...: Today a Windows pop up told me I had to reboot to install an update. Since I was about to take an online exam I just scheduled the reboot for later today. 3min later my pc froze and It stayed frozen, so I decided to forceful shut it down suing the power button. After trying...
  7. Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004: I will try to make a long story short... after the update to 2004 my notebook start having problems and when I tried to get into WinRE, it wouldn't load showing the error that the file winload.efi could not be found and the code 0xc0000225. Still having problems with Windows,...
  8. Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?

Why is my computer always booting into WinRE?: I inserted a Windows 8.1 USB Installation Media and after booting into it I selected the Language, Keyboard etc. Then I clicked Next and clicked 'Repair your computer' then I selected 'Advanced Options' then I selected 'Startup Repair' then it said 'Startup Repair couldn't...
  9. How to enter safe mode in WINre ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter safe mode in WINre ?: I cannot enter safe mode by using WINre by using Startup Settings even though I have tried pressing 5 and F5 it keeps showing the error Critical Process Died...
  10. Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment: I think windows applied an update when I last shut down my pc, and when I turned it on this evening I got the message "undoing changes made to your computer" which was there for > 30 mins. After reading around the forums I tried to put my pc into the recovery environment by...