Windows 10: Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded.

Discus and support Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been getting BSODs for a long time. It usually happens 1-3 times daily with usage of several hours a day, typically during gaming. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by &{}[]’#.-, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded.

I've been getting BSODs for a long time. It usually happens 1-3 times daily with usage of several hours a day, typically during gaming. I've been getting multiple error messages:

• PFN LIST CORRUPT
    • IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READ ONLY MEMORY
    • MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    • DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

I've found the guide BSOD Finding and fixing them and followed the steps. I've uploaded the zipped files to my OneNote not sure if it's safe to post the link to it here. Is there anything else I need to give to triage this issue?

:)

&{}[]’#.-, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 29, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded.

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded.

1. Attempting to fix BSOD issue, debug files uploaded. - Similar Threads - Attempting fix BSOD

2. BSOD - Unable to Debug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Unable to Debug: Hello,My computer has been giving me BSOD at random times. I did a windows fresh installation removing all apps, keeping my files last week and today while I was on a Zoom call audio and video enabled I got another BSOD.The BSOD are almost always distorted, and I cannto...
  3. Unexpected file name when attempting to upload a file to Discord

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexpected file name when attempting to upload a file to Discord: I tried uploading a file which had a certain filename, which I wanted to upload to a Discord room. When I pressed the "+" button, it opened the Windows Explorer, as usual, but there was already a filename in the filename bar at the bottom of the screen: "2VGAMWY6" Filetype...
  4. DMP File Upload for BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DMP File Upload for BSOD: Hi, I've been having problems with my system and have tried to look up ways to fix it and then stumbled upon this community. My computer has crashed multiple times with BSOD and have gathered a DMP zip file which is in the link below. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. A debug file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A debug file: So there is a file on my desktop that is simply called Debug. I can't get rid of it. every time I try to delete it, it says that it's already running in google. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-debug-file/242c2ec3-bbc6-47e2-a000-4c3a7c93309e
  6. debug file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    debug file: After windows update every day as I switch on the lap I find the file debug. All the time I delete it but it appears again after restart. It is a notepad file it contains the below code [1017/205630.973:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find...
  7. Debug file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file: There is a debug file on my desktop. It says : [1016/145258.052:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 What should I do? Everytime I turn on my PC it says scanning and repairing drive C while booting then after few...
  8. Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

Batch files for use in BSOD debugging: [img] Warning This thread is for use by the BSOD team ONLY, to store batch files that can be used to collect additional data, fix settings or anything else that is useful in debugging BSOD problems in Windows 10. [img] Information The way I see it working is the first post...
  9. BSOD and uploading dmp files.

BSOD and uploading dmp files.: Hello, Since a few weeks I am getting BSODs randomly when I boot or reboot my computer. I have tried reinstalling windows 10 pro (64bit) but the crashes still occur. It is not always when I boot, sometimes it al goes ok. While looking on the web I found the page to use...
  10. BSOD Random Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area with Debug Files

BSOD Random Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area with Debug Files: I randomly got a Blue Screen called Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area while playing a game. I had this blue screen before and I thought it would disappear once I downloaded Windows 10. It has came up again and I am afraid that I may loose my computer. What should I do in this...