Windows 10: Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read

Discus and support Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop purchased in 2019. I have attempted to download and install a couple of programs but every time the dialog box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexk500, May 12, 2020.

1. alexk500 Win User

Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop purchased in 2019.

I have attempted to download and install a couple of programs but every time the dialog box, installer, or whatever you want to call it appears its extremely small and nearly unreadable. As far as I know Microsoft/Dell related downloads do not have this issue.

I have gone into settings attempting to change display settings and advanced display settings. Also, I'm not able to expand the box at all.

:)

alexk500, May 12, 2020
  2. robinpe Win User

Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

After doing the usual with the BIOS I attempted to install Windows 8.1 from a bootable USB flash drive. However, the opening W.8.1dialog box, (language, etc.) was so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. And more importantly I could not get it to operate when clicking on OK. My intentions were for a dual installation of W.10 & W.8.1. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks for any suggestions.

robinpe, May 12, 2020
  3. Dialog Box Too Small in Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Dialog Box Too Small

Some (but not all) dialog boxes pop up too small in Windows 10 on Dell XPS 13. Any suggestions?

BradyKrien, May 12, 2020
  4. 7mam Win User

Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read

The dialog boxes are so small and can't read them web browser Windows 10.

I have a new HP Spectre 15" PC. The dialog boxes are so small I can't read them. The scale on some graphs (but not the graphs themselves) are so small I can't read them. My contact list on Skype is tiny. I was chatting with HP to ask for a solution but
    the chatbox was so tiny I couldn't see what they were saying! How do I get this specific text (because it's not all text) back to a size I can read.

Old title: dialog boxes and type size.

Thema:

1. Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read - Similar Threads - Attempting install programs

2. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  3. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  4. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  5. Dialog box font sizes too small

Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  6. Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read

Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read: Property box is small, unable to resize font. Not a scale and layout issue. Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19045.3393, 3.20 GHz Intel Core i5-4460, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 210 not a gamer...
  7. Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read: Property box is small, unable to resize font. Not a scale and layout issue. Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19045.3393, 3.20 GHz Intel Core i5-4460, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 210 not a gamer...
  8. Partition too small - installing Windows with installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition too small - installing Windows with installation media: Background: My laptop suddenly would only start in Bios and so I am now reinstalling Windows. It is not possible to do a reinstallation from boot in Bios so I have created a reinstallation media as described here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039507And I also had to...
  9. I tems too small to read

I tems too small to read: I want to adjust the fonts/ lettering, are tooo small to see let alone to read. the screen displays are very small. how do I adjust to make everything much larger to enable reading...
  10. Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.: After doing the usual with the BIOS I attempted to install Windows 8.1 from a bootable USB flash drive. However, the opening W.8.1dialog box, (language, etc.) was so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. And more importantly I could not get it to operate when...