Windows 10: Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G

Discus and support Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install Windows 10 build 1809 from a cut-down Windows 10 ISO called Tiny 10. The ISO, when written to an SD card, starts to boot, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by subG, Mar 31, 2021.

1. subG Win User

Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G

I'm attempting to install Windows 10 build 1809 from a cut-down Windows 10 ISO called Tiny 10. The ISO, when written to an SD card, starts to boot, but after 20 minutes of showing the Windows logo, crashes with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD. I have seen multiple websites where people have claimed to get 10 running on the Eee PC 701/4G, but those could be older versions, or modified in other ways. Does anyone know a good way to get 10 on this thing?

:)

2. malware Win User

Windows XP Eee PC Launched in Japan

ASUS has formally launched its Windows XP Home Edition pre-installed Eee PC in Japan. The Linux-less Eee PC is named 4G-X and has quite the same specs as the original Eee PC 701 (4G). The standard 4GB SSD, 512MB of DDR 2 memory, 800x480 display, three USB 2.0 ports, SDHC memory card reader, 10/100Mb/s Ethernet, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and a 0.3-megapixel webcam are all presented. ASUS is also bundling the 4G-X model with a 4GB SDHC card, doubling the total storage to 8GB. Japanese buyers get a choice of white or black colours. Buyers also get an optical mouse and free access to NTT's WiFine hotspot network. The 4G-X will cost ¥50,000 ($468/£239/€320).

Source: Reg Hardware

malware, Mar 31, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 31, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Attempting to install Windows 10 on Eee PC 701/4G - Similar Threads - Attempting install Eee

2. BSOD when installing Windows XP on an ASUS Eee PC - Can only install using F5 and selecting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing Windows XP on an ASUS Eee PC - Can only install using F5 and selecting...: Hi all,I have an ASUS Eee PC 1000H which was corrupt beyond repair so I thought I would reinstall Windows XP from scratch.It had Windows XP Home SP3 installed on it, so I used the appropriate Windows XP Home SP3 install disk for the install.The CD starts, installs all the...
  3. Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem: Hi,I have a windows 10 PC that has a Verizon 4G Cellular modem in it. The pc is not enabling the cellular modem upon startup. If I want to connect to the internet using the cell service, I have to put the PC into airplane mode and then back to normal. Then the PC will show...
  4. 4g only on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4g only on windows 10: Hello, community. I have an LTE modem installed in my notebook. My mobile operator gives me unlimited access to the LTE network, other networks have limited Internet traffic. Does anybody know how to switch windows 10 desktop version to use only 4g network?...
  5. BSOD - kmode exception not handled - during install of windows 10 - eee PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD - kmode exception not handled - during install of windows 10 - eee PC: Hi Folks, I have a 1001cx eee PC that was installed with windows 7 starter. I decided to upgrade to windows 10 two days ago, completed online with the media creation tool. Initally, the install worked and booted into win10 fine. I went to update the video driver and it...
  6. instal 4G monitor in Surface Pro Windows 10

instal 4G monitor in Surface Pro Windows 10: Install 4G monitor on Surface Pro purchased July 9 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instal-4g-monitor-in-surface-pro-windows-10/79d33a8e-cd92-4fd5-a2ab-90e700b6a794
  7. Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue: HI All Recently got given an ASUS EEE PC 1015CH running Windows 7 to have a play around on and to use for playing video, browsing etc. Nothing too strenuous. I tried to update it all and eventually got a load of updates and installed them. Whilst i was browsing how to fix...
  8. Eee PC video driver not right

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Eee PC video driver not right: I got ten on my Eee PC but I am having difficulty getting the right video driver installed. I am unable to adjust the screen resolution or extend the screen to a vga monitor that I have connected. The screen is blue or cyan but that might be due to the cable might be going...
  9. W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!: I've just clean installed Windows 10 on my Eee PC 701sd (with 64gb ssd), which had Windows 7 on it - and used the tutorial for clean install without upgrading first, to activate. I have been having problems with Windows 7 on it recently after running it with that on for a...
  10. windows 10 on an Eee PC???

windows 10 on an Eee PC???: I am trying to put Windows 10 onto an Eee PC. The first attempt had an issue which was looking for some drivers. I am trying to redownload 10 as the first time the download got interrupted as the computer turned off due to battery issues. I am sitting close to the wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus 701 windows 10