Windows 10: Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.

Discus and support Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I downloaded Ubuntu after Windows failed on my laptop and I didn’t and still don’t have access to a bootable CD whilst I’m away from home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/latnet, Aug 14, 2020.

1. /u/latnet Win User

Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.

Recently, I downloaded Ubuntu after Windows failed on my laptop and I didn’t and still don’t have access to a bootable CD whilst I’m away from home, luckily I had a bootable Ubuntu usb drive, so I used that to install it temporarily until I could install Win again. I’ve since then turned the same usb into a Windows 10 bootable drive, though when I came to plug it in to my laptop (HP Pavilion G6) the first thing appearing was the GRUB menu, loading into Ubuntu started off with a list of failed warnings, after booting into the Ubuntu loading screen and staying there for the foreseeable. As I’m not particularly experienced with Linux OSs I was wondering whether any of you knew or recognised this problem? Thanks, Josh.

submitted by /u/latnet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/latnet, Aug 14, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Ubuntu Help? Drivers for WiFi and Graphics, etc.

I'm looking to install Ubuntu on my 4th rig (one of two dedicated WCG crunchers), an X58 with a Xeon X5670 @ 4,2 Ghz. My 30 day windows trial has ended, lol

So, finding Ubuntu OS is no problem, but I'm looking for drivers for:
    • USB Drivers for the motherboard?
    • Rosewill RNX-N300UB USB Wifi Dongle
    • NV GT 220 Graphics Card
    • And Teamviewer for Ubuntu
    ...I think that's it. Where to go? I'm a complete Ubuntu NooB!

Sasqui, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu. - Similar Threads - Attempting install via

2. BSOD W/ Various Errors During Install Attempt via USB Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD W/ Various Errors During Install Attempt via USB Media: I am attempting to Reinstall Windows 10 on a HP Zbook 15 that had recently crashed. The SSD has been formatted, and the RAM has been replaced with one brand new 8GB stick. With no OS installed, I updated the boot order to start with the USB and restarted the machine.Once...
  3. BSOD W/ Various Errors During Install Attempt via USB Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD W/ Various Errors During Install Attempt via USB Media: I am attempting to Reinstall Windows 10 on a HP Zbook 15 that had recently crashed. The SSD has been formatted, and the RAM has been replaced with one brand new 8GB stick. With no OS installed, I updated the boot order to start with the USB and restarted the machine.Once...
  4. BSOD W/ Various Errors During Install Attempt via USB Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New SSD, Attempting new clean install via usb Nothing Works

New SSD, Attempting new clean install via usb Nothing Works: New SSD, Attempting new clean install via usb Nothing Works Embarrassed to say I have been working on this problem for 6 weeks!! I need help please. I was on windows 8.1 with normal hard drive Dell Inspiron 3847, 16 gb memory and all FINE, Then Chrome started getting very...
  6. New SSD, Attempting new clean install via usb NO GO

New SSD, Attempting new clean install via usb NO GO: Embarrassed to say I have been working on this problem for 6 weeks!! I need help please.I was on windows 8.1 with normal hard drive Dell Inspiron 3847, 16 gb memory and all FINE, Then Chrome started getting very slow. I uninstalled Chrome and put it back in, things would work...
  7. Windows Install via USB

Windows Install via USB: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl with a USB Drive because I want to get rid of some bloatware and other things, but I'm not sure if my drivers will be reinstalled or if they wont. As a sidenote, I would also like to know how risky an install like...
  8. Windows 10 install via USB

Windows 10 install via USB: [IMG]Im trying to downlod windows 10 onto my old computer as I got a new one and was going to give the old one to a friend. It had been giving me a blue screen for a while but nothing serious. I downloaded windows 10 onto a USB from my new laptop. I am not trying to save...
  9. Installation of Windows 10 via USB

Installation of Windows 10 via USB: I am attempting to install windows 10 on a new computer. I have downloaded windows onto a usb using the media creation tool, and booted the computer with the stick in it, but I get an error message 0xc0000225. I have redownloaded windows, and it still does not work. I...
  10. Trying to install windows via USB

Trying to install windows via USB: Hi Have an HP laptop trying to install windows via USB received message cant find drivers Looked in broswer area did not see any? Is it time for a new HD Thank you T 120034