Windows 10: Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail

Discus and support Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have been working on getting Fallout 2 to work on my computer from a Steam download and I can't get it to work properly. First off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KerseyHarding, May 5, 2021.

1. Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail

Hi everyone, I have been working on getting Fallout 2 to work on my computer from a Steam download and I can't get it to work properly. First off, Steam has the option of using 2 versions of the game. One for modern systems and an older version which they say is best for older systems. I have a 2017 Acer Aspire that is Windows 10 64 bit, but only playing the older version works for me. I then found a couple patches to the game Because the game is glitchy as hell and installed them. I started by installing the high resolution patch and followed the ins

:)

KerseyHarding, May 5, 2021
  2. Robert11 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, May 5, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 5, 2021
  4. Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail

1. Attempting to play Fallout 2 with the Restoration and High Resolution Patch to no avail - Similar Threads - Attempting play Fallout

2. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  3. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  4. Full Fallout 76 game folder per patch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Fallout 76 game folder per patch: So, I've run into a bit of a strange problem. Som time ago 18-08-2020 I installed Fallout 76 on my E drive. I couldn't get it to work and forget about it. Move forward till today and I wanted to try it, so I went into the Xbox app, found Fallout 76 and there wasn't an...
  5. I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10: I play games in my computer but I can't play the with the full resolution in the monitor.I played Asterix and Obelix XXL,NFS underground 1 & 2 but when I go to options the maximum resolution is 1024x768. Monitor resolution is 1366x768. How do I solve this problem...
  6. Attempted a restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempted a restore: [IMG]Can someone help me with this message i received after a restore attempt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempted-a-restore/143fe46c-5a08-4c44-8298-2193043ac3fa
  7. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  8. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  9. BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, I switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk...
  10. Crashed playing Fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed playing Fallout 4: Hello, new Skylake PC, crashed playing Fallout 4. PC restarted. Here is the minidump analysis: rash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com)Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers...