Windows 10: Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Discus and support Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jc351226, Dec 31, 2018.

1. jc351226 Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much mirrored the same configs as the Windows 7 predecessor. I have removed all apps and access to settings on the user account and so far everything works like expected. My issue now is that Microsoft Edge is listed in the alphabetical listing of Apps and once opened a user can still get access to 'C' drive by typing C:\. Although once in the drive there is not much that can be accessed, modified or even deleted; I still would like to eliminate the option to view it. These machines will have no internet access so updates will not bring back Edge if it can be deleted or disabled any way at all. Any options or input would be greatly appreciated.

:)

jc351226, Dec 31, 2018

2. Remove alphabet from App Listing on Windows 10 Start Menu?

Very disappointed that I cannot remove this alphabetical listing entirely from the Start menu. It's clumsy and unappealing. I can already type what I'm looking for. That was convenient. This listing is ugly and irks me every time I hit the start button.

Michael Hancock NL, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Traijan Win User
    Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?

Hey,
    So I generally like the W10 start menu with the exception of the alphabet soup in my all apps listings. It's making it look very cluttered and actually disorganized even though everything is obviously listed alphabetically.

Is there a way to turn off the alphabet letters and just list everything that I have in there alphabetically without needing to show me
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    etc...

??

Thanks

Traijan, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Remove alphabet from App Listing on Windows 10 Start Menu?

New isn't necessary better. With The All Apps menu we have a new case.

The All Apps menu is too BIG, requires too much space for what it offers. Characters should be adjustable in size and the A, B, C ...Alphabet letters have no sense. I think everybody knows the alphabet except Microsoft developers.

Also a functional organization, as it was possible under XP and Windows 7 is most wanted, an absolute must. An organization where the application itself is started or, if there are several choices, a sub-menu with applications and maybe new sub-menus. For
    me the preceding icon is more disturbing than helping. A switch to enable or disable that visual effect should be available.

If Microsoft really wants its alphabetical order, a switch to classify the Apps list alphabetically should only be an option because operational applications are not suited to be forced being organised alphabetically.

How can you be effective when having to search in an application list of (up to)512 entries, worser if the list would possibly become 2048 long.

I urge to get back the old-fashion but effective All Programs approach.

DominiquePACCO, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

1. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing - Similar Threads - Attempting remove EDGE

2. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list: I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change the colour, but with Microsoft Edge none of the methods worked. So I know that Microsoft Edge is near-impossible to...
  3. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?

in Windows 10 Support
    remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?: [img] is there any way to make it so this doesn't show up anymore? All I could find to remove it involved it being pre-installed/download, but after the last update Edge was forcibly installed. I tried the "pre-install/download" solutions, but those didn't work. Any help...
  6. alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alphabetical list: my alphabetical list on left side of screen has disappeared. don't know why. can't get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alphabetical-list/0387fca3-70ed-441d-8512-b9f7f6e5f7bb
  7. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  8. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...
  9. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...