Windows 10: Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...

Discus and support Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This has just started and I've tried to save to different locations but, yet the same response. I have just changed browsers from Firefox to Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ANICOLE1, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ANICOLE1 Win User

Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...

This has just started and I've tried to save to different locations but, yet the same response. I have just changed browsers from Firefox to Chrome, but no other (intentional) changes..I've searched the net but, don't find a solution that seems to fit my issue. I'd appreciate help. Oh..I don't know if it's an issue but I do have 2 drives but, this didn't become a problem until I changed out the browser..now I get the same error with all browsers.

Thank you,

Ani

:)

ANICOLE1, Jun 10, 2019

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jun 10, 2019
  3. comp99 Win User
    Saving Issue with Photos

When I open a photo in with the built-in Photos app in Windows 10, I edit the photo with the filters. However, when using
    Save a copy, I chose a location and hit save, but it won't save. I get an error saying
    Oops, we could save that one.

The photo dimensions are fairly big (JPEG, 5 MB, 3840 x 2560). I wonder if that has anything to do with it or if there is a size limit when using this app to be able to save an image?

comp99, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...

1. Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another... - Similar Threads - Attempting save photo

2. Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...: Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-i-keep-getting-you-cant-save-here/bb508832-23a1-48fe-8347-1eb5903aa766
  3. Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...: Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-i-keep-getting-you-cant-save-here/a5248bb1-bd30-4966-8702-0059f6cb0273
  4. Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...: Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-i-keep-getting-you-cant-save-here/bb508832-23a1-48fe-8347-1eb5903aa766
  5. Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...: Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-i-keep-getting-you-cant-save-here/a5248bb1-bd30-4966-8702-0059f6cb0273
  6. Windows 10 Home - I keep getting you cant save here try another location when saving a word...

7. You can't save here. Please choose another location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You can't save here. Please choose another location.: Hello,Microsoft laptop user. Running Windows 10. In the past few months I keep getting this message when trying to save certain Word documents. See screenshot below.It has not happened before. I am having to save files that would normally be in the correct folder on my...
  8. You can't save here. Please choose another location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't save here. Please choose another location.: Hello,Microsoft laptop user. Running Windows 10. In the past few months I keep getting this message when trying to save certain Word documents. See screenshot below.It has not happened before. I am having to save files that would normally be in the correct folder on my...
  9. You can't save here. Please choose another location.

10. Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here": I started this thread because I could not find the original one with this issue. I was having this issue as well as many others. I would try to save a file either with a program or browser and would get a pop up saying I didn't have permission to do so. After searching for an...