Windows 10: Attempting to share a computer's Google File Stream G Drive with locally connected...

Discus and support Attempting to share a computer's Google File Stream G Drive with locally connected... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hopefully there's a workaround to this, We have everything working as expected, the Google File Stream drive has shared folders within that communicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Proceo, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Proceo Win User

Attempting to share a computer's Google File Stream G Drive with locally connected...

Hopefully there's a workaround to this,
    We have everything working as expected, the Google File Stream drive has shared folders within that communicate and share contents with other computers on our network, unfortunately, we can't leave this running for extended periods of time as a reboot causes sharing to turn off for all folders in the drive.
    Our hope is to keep this central computer unattended like a NAS and perform the task of being a Google File Stream machine. Everything seems to work perfectly up until we have to leave the computer alone for multiple days.

Every restart turns off the file share. Google File Stream makes a virtual drive on the computer so it's understandable that Windows file sharing is having trouble restarting file share.

Is there a way to make sure file sharing stays on or for a way to make sure Windows does not restart for extended periods of time?

:)

Proceo, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Launching new Google Drive / Microsoft Outlook integration, shutting down legacy plugin

Brink, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office Office

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Launching new Google Drive / Microsoft Outlook integration, shutting down legacy plugin

Brink, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Attempting to share a computer's Google File Stream G Drive with locally connected...

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Attempting to share a computer's Google File Stream G Drive with locally connected... - Similar Threads - Attempting share computer's

2. Viewing google drive shared file after edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing google drive shared file after edit.: OS Windows 11. A creates an xls file. A shares it with B for viewing. A makes some changes and saves the changes. But the changes do not show up when B opens the file. How do you enable the edited changes to be seen immediately to B....
  3. Viewing google drive shared file after edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing google drive shared file after edit.: OS Windows 11. A creates an xls file. A shares it with B for viewing. A makes some changes and saves the changes. But the changes do not show up when B opens the file. How do you enable the edited changes to be seen immediately to B....
  4. Local Disk G:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk G:: On This PC on my computer there is a new disk that just showed up Local Disk G: When I double click it Bit Locker G: load key from USB drive. When I click on load key it says a valid key wasn't detected. What is this? Do I need it? Why do I have it? Is it new in Windows...
  5. Google Drive File Stream

Google Drive File Stream: I installed "Google Drive File Stream" on my Desktop. There appeared a drive with the letter 'G' and named "Google Drive File Stream", in Windows Explorer. It occupies 23.5 GB. [ATTACH] But this drive is not seen under 'Disk Management'. [ATTACH] No problems...
  6. Sharing Drives on Local Net

Sharing Drives on Local Net: Hello, I use a redundant 1TB HDD drive L:\ in a USB caddy as a backup drive on computer //BB Second computer //AA sees the drive on the local net but no way will it allow access to either the whole drive or to shared folders on it. A flash drive on \\BB can be accessed as...
  7. G drive not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    G drive not connecting: My G drive - the one that I stick my SDHC camera card into - has stopped working - possible after the most recent update. I'm getting this message... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-drive-not-connecting/ae6ad970-c95b-4cc8-8591-556f344e6b6f
  8. need help with google drive file stream windows 10

need help with google drive file stream windows 10: I am totally lost. I need someone to walk me through how to set up drive file stream on my laptop so it syncs. A person. I have searched answers, looked at videos, and cannot follow any of it. Who can help me? I'd be happy to pay someone! I use G-Suite and believe it or not,...
  9. Local disk G

Local disk G: Ive seen the instruction with running the diskpart then run as administrator when i do that it doesnt stay open long enough for me to remove the G for the local disk. What can I do?...
  10. Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office: What’s changing We’re updating Drive File Stream to replace the functionality of the “Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office.” As a result, the outdated plugin will be shut down on June 26, 2019. This only impacts users of the Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office....