Windows 10: Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

Discus and support Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I paid for and tried to install Windows 10 as an upgrade from 8.1 I received an error message. This happen during the first reboot. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwinaWaldo, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

I paid for and tried to install Windows 10 as an upgrade from 8.1 I received an error message. This happen during the first reboot. Please help.

:)

EdwinaWaldo, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 29, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

1. Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Attempting upgrade

2. How do I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro after receiving the Error Code:0x80070490 when attempting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro after receiving the Error Code:0x80070490 when attempting: I purchased a Windows 11 Pro upgrade for my laptop that currently runs Windows 11 Home. After attempting to install the update for my OS, I recieved an errorWindows Upgrade FailedError Code:0x80070490I have found another discussion where someone had a similar issue. I...
  3. How do I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro after receiving the Error Code:0x80070490 when attempting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro after receiving the Error Code:0x80070490 when attempting: I purchased a Windows 11 Pro upgrade for my laptop that currently runs Windows 11 Home. After attempting to install the update for my OS, I recieved an errorWindows Upgrade FailedError Code:0x80070490I have found another discussion where someone had a similar issue. I...
  4. Error Code 0x80072F8F When Attempting to Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 {was: My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80072F8F When Attempting to Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 {was: My...: Hi there I found my old Acer laptop that running Windows 7 when I try to upgrade to Windows 10 there is a error code is 0x80072F8F-0x20000 I hope anyone can help me because I wanted to give this to my brother....
  5. Error Code 0x80072F8F When Attempting to Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 {was: My...

Error Code 0x80072F8F When Attempting to Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 {was: My...: Hi there I found my old Acer laptop that running Windows 7 when I try to upgrade to Windows 10 there is a error code is 0x80072F8F-0x20000 I hope anyone can help me because I wanted to give this to my brother....
  6. I am trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Home device to Window 10 Pro. When I attempt to do this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Home device to Window 10 Pro. When I attempt to do this...: I am looking for some steps to try that are specific to this issue that do not suggest restarting the device as I've tried that already. The only other suggestions I've seen seem to point to updating the Volume shadow copy service. This seems to do specifically with a system...
  7. I am trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Home device to Window 10 Pro. When I attempt to do this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Home device to Window 10 Pro. When I attempt to do this...: I am looking for some steps to try that are specific to this issue that do not suggest restarting the device as I've tried that already. The only other suggestions I've seen seem to point to updating the Volume shadow copy service. This seems to do specifically with a system...
  8. I am trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Home device to Window 10 Pro. When I attempt to do this...

9. I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay...: I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay w10. How do I remain on w10 and receive update for w10?...
  10. I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay...

I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay...: I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay w10. How do I remain on w10 and receive update for w10?...