Windows 10: Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

Discus and support Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I paid for and tried to install Windows 10 as an upgrade from 8.1 I received an error message. This happen during the first reboot. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwinaWaldo, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

I paid for and tried to install Windows 10 as an upgrade from 8.1 I received an error message. This happen during the first reboot. Please help.

:)

EdwinaWaldo, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 29, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

1. Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Attempting upgrade

2. Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart.: Hi all,I've been tasked with repairing a pc that a friend of mine owns but it seems to have me stumped. What started out as a simple audio driver issue soon turned into a plethora of problems ranging from slow hard drive speeds to a corrupted windows installation. The hard...
  3. Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.: So before Windows 7 support ended over a year ago I attempted to upgrade one of my family members Laptops. When I did the upgrade it managed to pass the initial installation and I saw the Windows 10 spiral before seeing it basically fail at installing Windows 10 and it...
  4. Many upgrade attempts for 1909 to no avail - same error from minidumps

Many upgrade attempts for 1909 to no avail - same error from minidumps: Like many others I cannot upgrade Win 10 pro 1909 to 2004 or 20H2. Started out with message from Microsoft that support would end for my version - click click - upgrade assistant - failure! Running a bare bones Dell Optiplex 7010 Cores 4 Threads 8 Name Intel Core i7...
  5. BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2

BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2: Hi Community I'd really appreciate your help trying to solve my upgrade problems. Currently on Win10 1909. Upgrade to 2004 always failed and now upgrade to 20H2 is consistently failing with a DPC Watchdog violation error each time and then update rolls back. I tried MS...
  6. Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating

Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating: I have a Lenovo Computer with the operating systemWindows 10 Pro. OS Build 14393.693. Installed Memory RAM is 4.00GB. Thesystem type is a 64bit operating system and a x64-based processor. Last successfully installed update was on November 20,2020 - Update for Windows 10,...
  7. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...
  8. Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...: Version 1703 Windows10 - updates have failed for several years. I believe I've tried all of the normal steps to solve the problem, and the PC continues to rollback. DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSDvc net stop...
  9. Trouble with Quicken after attempted upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with Quicken after attempted upgrade: Tried upgrading from 1803 to 1909 and killed sound. rolled back the update and now I get a bugsplat from Quicken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-quicken-after-attempted-upgrade/1dce35ea-8ec3-4861-bc4a-0f50f9d2c20f
  10. Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...: I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. I also have a hybrid hard disk and I am dual booting Linux and Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. I haven't done any changes on Linux side since about a year ago because I use it rarely. I keep the Windows OS updated...