Windows 10: Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11

Discus and support Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot view an Outlook.com email in my default browser, Edge, because it only opens IE11. I have used a laptops using 18363.628 for Public Release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Davy-Delliott, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11

I cannot view an Outlook.com email in my default browser, Edge, because it only opens IE11.

I have used a laptops using 18363.628 for Public Release and Release Preview, towers using Insider 19559.1000 for fast and slow rings, all using versions of MS Office Professional Plus 2010, 2016, & 2019.

I cannot check with Office 365 because I do not have an account.

I can using the Mail app view an email in Edge. I am told that using Chrome as default browser you can view an email in Chrome.

There have been several questions and proposed answers to this problem but none work.

Because Edge new is MS's main browser and IE11 will eventually be retired.

Why after several years is this problem still with us?

Moved from:Outlook.com/ Options and settings / Email settings

:)

Davy-Delliott, Feb 7, 2020
  2. capri3156 Win User

Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings

I'm not even close to being ready for MS Edge. Problem is I can't set IE11 as the default in settings because it is not an option when I click on Web Browser in Settings. For what it's worth, Edge isn't listed either. Links in MS Outlook revert to Edge

capri3156, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Outlook email links not working with Win 10 and IE11.

Are you referring to Outlook from office package like 2013 Office or Outlook mail that can be bookmarked in either Edge or IE11.?

Jmarco0921, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11

edge website visits cache in ie11 when invoked from outlook 2016

That is all the settings already. Do this. Delete every thing in both browsers and then open Outlook 2016. Find an email that has links (I found this with a pinterest notice), click the link and browse with edge(assuming that is the default). Go down
    a few links off the page and really crank up the cookie count. Close edge. Open IE11 and look at the "View files" in the settings tab off the general tab. Close IE11. Open IE11 back up and return to the "view files" page. All the cookies and such are still
    there. They are there until a manual delete occurs.

daleranspach, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11

1. Attempting to view an Outlook.com email in my default browser MS Edge new ONLY opens IE11 - Similar Threads - Attempting view Outlook

2. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...
  3. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...
  4. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  5. Default email client problem in MS outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default email client problem in MS outlook: Hi, I keep getting this"either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request" error popup whenever I launch outlook. I've tried all the solutions mentioned here and it is still there. I've also tried the Adobe solution posted...
  6. changine outlook email request to view in browser from Explorer to Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    changine outlook email request to view in browser from Explorer to Edge: When I want to see the email subject the senders website via a browser, outlook always sends me to explorer while I want to use my windows 10 default edge browser. Does anyone know how I can change from explorer to edge inside my outlook email?...
  7. Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...: Hi Everyone! I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my Laptop. Why neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed category in the default apps settings? However, only Google Chrome is there listed. If I am going to need to let MS Edge be as my web browser, how can...
  8. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  9. Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook: Hi, I have made Seamonkey my default browser. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that. Very annoying. Richard 19838
  10. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320