Windows 10: Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on

Discus and support Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A week ago I wasusing Audacity without any problems. Then midweek (Wed/Thursday) 11/11 or 11/12I launched Audacity and received the message "Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlPosz, Nov 14, 2015.

1. CarlPosz Win User

Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on

A week ago I wasusing Audacity without any problems. Then midweek (Wed/Thursday) 11/11 or 11/12I launched Audacity and received the message "Error Initializing Audio.Could not find any audio devices. You will not be able to play or record audio.Error: Internal PortAudio error".
    I read several postsin this forum and on www.tenforums.comthinking "what changed" did a patch come out? In the process ofreading and trying to figure out what happened. I did the following.
    I am running Windows10 Pro 64 bit. I have been on Windows 10 now since the free upgrade in Augustwith no issues related to Audacity.
    I was on Audacity2.1.0 and I upgraded to 2.1.1
    I updated my RealtekHigh Definition Audio drivers to Version 6.0.1.7655 11/3/2015.
    I saw one post aboutRealTek HD Manager not have the Default Format set. I checked that and it wasokay.
    I have soundproduced through iTunes, Internet music streaming so everything checks on that.
    Because I play musicI use Cakewalk Sonar and use M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB audio interface. Idecided to power that down and to my surprise Audacity came up without the errormessage and it showed the Audio Device info.
    I have notPersonally installed any new programs or updates on this computer except forwhat I mentioned above. I did notice that there have been some Windows patchesinstalled recently but nothing Windows 10 related. Just Printer, MS Office andWindows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
    Have there been any patches lately that could have caused this?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

I posted this message on Audacity's forum site as well.

:)

CarlPosz, Nov 14, 2015
  2. David7084 Win User

I run my audio interface within 5 minutes the interface disconnects and windows tells me that there is an error.

Original Title: Audio interface.

I have a behringer FCA1616 USB audio interface running Cubase 5.1 and everytime I run my audio interface within 5 minutes the interface disconnects and windows tells me that there is an error and then it won't work until I restart my computer. when I reboot
    it does it all over again. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall device driver nothing has worked so far. How can I fix this issue?

David7084, Nov 14, 2015
  3. quark1 Win User
    USB Audio Codec Driver

Windows 10 Just doesn't see The AT-lp120-usb.

I also have an older crosley usb turntable and as soon as I plug into

a usb port , Microphone array(USB audio device) and Speakers(USB audio device)

pops up under Audio inputs and Outputs in My device manager. It also pops

up in devices and printers in control panel as UBS audio controller.

Usb Audio Device Also pops up in Sound, Video, and game controllers in
    device manager.

And It works very well with audacity both play and record.

These usb audio devices disappear when I unplug the crosley and plug

my At-lp120-usb in. I plug them in at the same time and try recording

with each the crosley works the AT does not.

quark1, Nov 14, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a Sonar Platinum studio (using a Roland Studio-Capture).

Normally (without any recording interface unit) Audacity defaults to the "Stereo Mix" (which should be set as the default recording device).

With my Studio-Capture powered on, Audacity on my Win 10 Pro 64 bit the default recording device is still Stereo Mix (see screenshot below). I used to have an M-Audio Fastrack Ultra 8R and don't recall the problem you are having.

Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on [​IMG]

fireberd, Nov 14, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    I think Audacity is set to "default windows source" or similar and has problem to identify the source when your USB audio card is connected. Try setting it to a specific device from settings and then connect your USB. If it can start without issues you could then change the device to your USB.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  6. CarlPosz Win User
    @fireberd. I do have Stereo mix set as recording default. And this was working last week so I don't understand what changed.

@spapakons, I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. Could you re-phrase your statements.

CarlPosz, Nov 14, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    I mean, if there are any settings inside Audacity, you can try setting the recording source to a specific device, not let it in "windows default". Then it should use this device even when you have your USB card connected without error messages upon loading. When inside Audacity with your USB connected you can then change the recording source to your USB.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  8. CarlPosz Win User

Understood. If I have my USB audio interface connected and turned on, I get the error launching Audacity and there are no devices available to select.

If I turn of the audio interface I see the devices in Audacity.

CarlPosz, Nov 14, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Well, I haven't Audacity installed, so I cannot help you further.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  10. fireberd Win User
    I can't duplicate your problem with my Roland Studio-Capture. Audacity always defaults to the Stereo Mix when I start Audacity.

fireberd, Nov 15, 2015
  11. CarlPosz Win User
    Thanks for trying firebird.

CarlPosz, Nov 15, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    As I said before, try loading Audacity with the USB disconnected. Once there, look carefully at the settings/preferences/configuration (whatever is called). There should be a setting to select input and output source. Normally this is "windows default" or similar. Change it to a specific device so Audacity always uses this device ignoring any other devices. Close the program and connect your USB. Since Audacity now uses a specific device, it shouldn't search for other devices and give any error. Once successfully running Audacity with your USB connected you can then change the input and output to those of your USB from the same setting.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  13. fireberd Win User

In reference to spapakons post about configuring. I didn't have Audacity installed on my Win 10 (I have it installed on Win 7) and installed it for this thread and to test. I didn't set any custom defaults. Just used the program defaults. In fact, I had my Studio-Capture powered on when I installed and first tested Audacity and it still used the Stereo Mix.

fireberd, Nov 15, 2015
  14. CarlPosz Win User
    With what spapakons said I turned off my M-Audio device and started up Audacity. Here's what the Device Preference page looks like:

As fireberd said, it's defaulting to Stereo Mix.
    I then looked at Devices Preferences - Audacity Manual and was thinking about playing around with the different host selections but I decided to see what happens if I turn on M-Audio while Audacity is running.
    I wasn't expecting this.

I've got to head out for a bit so I'll try some host interface settings later. This page fault does tell me that these two devices are not having conflicts. Again, I'm not sure what cause this to happen when it had been working just fine until last week.

CarlPosz, Nov 15, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    This BSOD indicates incompatibility with M-Audio drivers... Try installing different drivers.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on - Similar Threads - Audacity Error Initializing

2. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  3. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  4. Glitched audio output from USB Audio Interfaces, Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitched audio output from USB Audio Interfaces, Win11: Win11 23H2, build 22631.2048, running on Asus ROG Zephurys G15 2021 laptop.A few weeks back, the audio output from my Zoom UAC-2 USB Audio Interface through professional audio monitors became glitched very compressed, low volume, no bass at all --- it sounds like listening...
  5. Glitched audio output from USB Audio Interfaces, Win11

Glitched audio output from USB Audio Interfaces, Win11: Win11 23H2, build 22631.2048, running on Asus ROG Zephurys G15 2021 laptop.A few weeks back, the audio output from my Zoom UAC-2 USB Audio Interface through professional audio monitors became glitched very compressed, low volume, no bass at all --- it sounds like listening...
  6. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  7. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  8. BCOD when unplugging audio interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BCOD when unplugging audio interface: Title says it all.... any time I unplug my USB audio interface - Swissonic UA-2x2 from my CPU I get a blue screen. I have uploaded the log as instructed in the BSOD posting instructions but please let me know if I can provide any additional information. 184075
  9. Audio USB interface problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio USB interface problem: For some reason my Behringer UMC22 USB interface no longer accepts input from the instrument socket. I can use the microphone input but this produces a latency problem that is not compatible with trying to record music against a backing track All used to work OK until...
  10. Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.: Hello. I'm experiencing pops and crackling when using an audio interface in my laptop. The interface is theAudient iD14, and I believe it's not a hardware problem with it, because it works perfectly well in my home's PC same cable used, same headphones, etc.. The audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audacity is already running error