Windows 10: Audacity . . .

Discus and support Audacity . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Audacity . . .

My computer, is a Dell laptop.
    Running Windows 10 Pro.

I'm trying to install, Audacity.
    But, it's very confusing!

I can't find it. After installation?
    I looked in, x86 program files?
    I've looked, everywhere.?

I even looked. In the Control Panel.
    To see, if it was listed.
    Under,uninstall. Nothing?

It would, be nice. To have, a link.
    That would, install it.
    And, put a shortcut, on my desktop.

The reason, I want Audacity.
    I have, the spoken "Bible".
    Installed, on my computer.

I hope, this will work?
    I want, Audacity. To record.
    What's coming, out of my internal speakers.

Creating, an MP3 file.
    That, I can attach. To an email message.

So, I can send. parts of the "Bible".
    To, my friends.

If this, won't work. And, there's a better way?
    Please, tell me?

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry7

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Feb 18, 2021

2. AUDACITY

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to post your query in Audacity Support to help you further

Audacity Forum - Index page

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Audacity Drivers

John

I have no idea how to find or alter the motherboard. I have many times tried to download specific drivers for Windows 10 unsuccessfully,

the process usually seeming unsafe and/or arduous. I have opened Recording Devices and enabled Disconnected and Disabled devices,

but Stereo Mix is not among the choices. I have a Dell Studio 1747 about 6 years old which is working perfectly, with all the current updates.

Prior to this, I successfully used Audacity for years on Windows 8. I have downloaded several earlier versions of Audacity with no luck.

Perhaps I should go back wo Windows 8. I have also downloaded several earlier versions of Audacity as well as the new one designed for

Windows 10 with no Stereo Mix.

Any suggestions other than looking for Disabled and/or Disconnected Devices would be very welcome. Or if there is such a thing as

simple instructions on how to access the motherboard, since that is the only suggestion I was unable to try.

B

BethMorris1943, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Audacity . . .

ogg file wont open automatically with Audacity

I'm so frustrated with Win10. I can't find anything and can't make anything work. I downloaded an
    ogg editor called Audacity, and downloaded an ogg file that I want to edit. For some reason, the ogg file only wants to be opened by
    CyberLink (Power Media Player), which I know nothing about and do not have installed. I want it to open automatically with
    Audacity. It took me all evening (like 6 hours, since I cannot use SEARCH FILE as I have done for 20 years) to find the Audacity program. It is located at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe. If I right-click the CyberLink ogg file and try to add this audacity.exe to the list, instead of adding it, it just opens the file with Audacity, and when I export the file (can't save, have to export),
    it is still a CyberLink file. I don't want CyberLink, I want Audacity. Why is this so hard in Win10? PS--I tried some of the suggestions in some previous answers here about file associations, but none of them worked for me.

StephenBrown_775, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Audacity . . .

1. Audacity . . . - Similar Threads - Audacity

2. when im in obs, streamlabs obs, or audacity and other apps my mic is muffled but when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when im in obs, streamlabs obs, or audacity and other apps my mic is muffled but when i...: I've been trying but to figure it out but it doesn't make any sense. Please someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-im-in-obs-streamlabs-obs-or-audacity-and/93466746-a4f0-474e-8bdd-a08d51aaf1b2
  3. when im in obs, streamlabs obs, or audacity and other apps my mic is muffled but when i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when im in obs, streamlabs obs, or audacity and other apps my mic is muffled but when i...: I've been trying but to figure it out but it doesn't make any sense. Please someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-im-in-obs-streamlabs-obs-or-audacity-and/93466746-a4f0-474e-8bdd-a08d51aaf1b2
  4. setting up microphone in Audacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up microphone in Audacity: im trying to make a recording in Audacity but the program just doesn't recognise my microphone. I have been into the computer settings both systems and privacy and all the correct buttons seem to be pressed I should say I'm using windows 10 but Audacity just doesn't pick them...
  5. setting up microphone in Audacity

setting up microphone in Audacity: im trying to make a recording in Audacity but the program just doesn't recognise my microphone. I have been into the computer settings both systems and privacy and all the correct buttons seem to be pressed I should say I'm using windows 10 but Audacity just doesn't pick them...
  6. setting up microphone in Audacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  8. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  9. Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]While running Audacity on Windows PC, some users have reported coming across Audacity Internal PortAudio error. The issue can be resolved by following some simple fixes. The error message says- Error Initializing Audio Could not find any audio devices. You will not be...
  10. Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Audacity is a popular and free-to-use digital audio editor and recording application. But while using it on Windows PC, users have reported coming across an error while opening sound devices on Windows 11/10 PC. The message pops up while recording or playing audio on...