Windows 10: Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording

Discus and support Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording, I tried everything windows 10 won't grant access even after making it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BabafemiOlofin, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording

Hi,
    Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording, I tried everything windows 10 won't grant access even after making it my default output and input

:)

BabafemiOlofin, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 22, 2021
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording

1. Audio access to my digital workstation was denied for microphone recording - Similar Threads - Audio access digital

2. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  3. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  4. why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?: why does windows not have a digital audio workstation, apple devices get great driver support and are supplied with garageband. I want my windows devices and android devices to have a digital audio workstation, I feel sad that only my apple mac has a native music recording...
  5. why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows not have a digital audio workstation?: why does windows not have a digital audio workstation, apple devices get great driver support and are supplied with garageband. I want my windows devices and android devices to have a digital audio workstation, I feel sad that only my apple mac has a native music recording...
  6. Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings: Hello I have had a strange problem for a long time now regarding microphone audio. Every time I record some audio say when I'm playing a videogame and I go to edit that video, I have set it up so there are only 2 audio tracks, one desktop audio, and one microphone audio....
  7. Plug in Microphone not recording audio?

Plug in Microphone not recording audio?: i have a Microphone, it has a converter that puts it into a 3.5 mm two prong audio cable. When i plug it into my computer it wont record and is acting as the left audio channel, is there a way to fix this? maybe change the settings?...
  8. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: Hi this might help with the problem on win 10 in component services goto mycomputer then DCOM Config find "microsoft audio device graph server" then change permissions to default...
  9. windows audio service access denied

windows audio service access denied: I have tryed everything to sort it. Nothing seams to work does anyone know how to sort this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-access-denied/55551572-6a80-40be-ae3d-c1ae767bff36
  10. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: After a windows update my windows Audio service will not start. When trying to start it normally i get a message saying error 0x80070005: access is denied. This is leaving my computer without sound. Also it seems to have stop windows updates from installing and i can't use a...