Windows 10: Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Discus and support Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sktg51, Nov 4, 2015.

1. sktg51 Win User

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Hi
    I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to the speakers. The dialogue is too quiet for me, and the music too loud.

We use an HDMI cable for the video from the graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 390) to the TV, but have to make alternate arrangements for audio. I have set up a bluetooth connection to a BOSE Soundlink Mini using Blue Soleil software (the bluetooth connection from the mobo - that I paid extra for over the standard Z87 - does not work). I have my headphone plugged into the front sockets on my desktop. The Z87 uses Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I can use either the headphones or the speaker, but not both. Obviously I want to use them simultaneously.

I have looked everywhere on-line and through the Windows info and I am now very confused. To a luddite like me this should be easy to do.

Can anyone offer advice please.

:)

sktg51, Nov 4, 2015

2. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time; headphones not recognized

hernyzabyak, Nov 4, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time; headphones not recognized

If your machine is a desktop vs laptop and uses Realtek HD audio, and you have installed the

current Win10 Realtek drivers, the setup for headphones with speakers working independently is as follows -

(If it's a laptop you may want to visit the mfg's forums.)

Depending on which version AC97, and the software you are using ...

With the headphones plugged into the front panel jack -

- Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Realtek HD should be in Control Panel, but you

can also add a short-cut to the Task Bar Notification area).

- Click on the yellow folder icon in the upper right of the window and make sure the tick box

next to Disable front panel jack detection is clear.

- In the Device advanced settings option if you select

- Make front and rear output... simultaneously , the speakers will be disabled when the headphones are plugged in,

and the speakers will function when the headphones are unplugged.

- This option also allows you to set-up the configuration (Sound Effects, etc.). for the headphones

to be different from the speakers.

(The option Mute the rear...plugged in does not offer an option to set-up a different configuration

for the headphones from the speakers, but works the same otherwise).

- If you tick the box next to Disable front panel jack detection and select

Make front and rear output... simultaneously the speakers will not work. Headphones only.

- If you select - Mute the rear...plugged in both speakers and headphones will operate simultaneously,

and when the headphones are unplugged the speakers will still function.

- This option combines both speakers and headphones, so there is no separate option for EQ on the headphones.

- Other brands of PC audio may have different terms and setup options, but you should be able to get the

same results from experimentation.

BossDweeb, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

For analog audio, not HDMI, a simple solution is to connect a Y connector at the speaker output (green) and then connect both headphones and speakers. See picture. But connecting the HDMI cable enables HDMI audio by default. You may have to change that from Playback Devices (right-click on the volume icon).

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker [​IMG]

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker - Similar Threads - Audio Advice Sought

2. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  3. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously: Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my...
  4. Advice sought on uploading data to HDD instead of SSD...

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice sought on uploading data to HDD instead of SSD...: I've just bought a new laptop that has both an SSD (256 Gb) and an HDD (1Tb). The first thing I did was to set up my internet connection, and I then installed all my old programs. I now want to upload all of my data (documents, music, videos, photos etc.) that I have saved...
  5. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?: Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor...
  6. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?: Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor...
  7. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  8. How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers: When my USB headphones are plugged in, the main speakers become disabled. How can I get sound through both simultaneously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-simultaneous-audio-through-both-usb/f0205779-38d2-4857-a31b-101e726156c4
  9. Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones

Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones: ok so the issue goes like this: the audio coming from my laptop will suddenly start cracking and does not stop if I unplug my headphones. I don't remember when it started because it was rare at first but now it is so frequent that it gets extremely annoying and I can barely...
  10. Audio issues speaker + headphones

Audio issues speaker + headphones: This all started a couple days ago with some loud buzzing and static on my headphones every time I turned up the volume. I'm not sure if this is a simple fix or not, since I tried my best to look up my issue but failed to find it due to not wording my exact problem correctly....