Windows 10: Audio and computer issues

Discus and support Audio and computer issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need help So a few days ago my computer started acting up. My laptop is not updated to the latest version and if I want to go to settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by atl4nz, Feb 24, 2020.

1. atl4nz Win User

Audio and computer issues

Hello, I need help

So a few days ago my computer started acting up. My laptop is not updated to the latest version and if I want to go to settings to try and update it, it wont let me. When i press the button on the bottom right of my screen that tells me to update my computer it simply just doesnt open any tabs and when I go to settings to try and press a category, my whole settings tab FREEZES. I cant type or click anything in the tab. Now, my audio is really messed up too. It wont play any noise. When i play audio, no noise comes out of the speakers and 5 mins later it does, then it doesnt, then it does, and its just an on and off cycle. There are rare occassions when i plug my headphones in and they work, but most of the time the speakers continue to play when i plug headphones in or no audio plays at all.

Help please!!

:)

atl4nz, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Dell Precision m6500 audio issues

Hello,

We suggest that you try to run Windows audio troubleshooter, please check this

article
    for more information and steps.

If the troubleshooter didn't work, please answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio and computer issues - Similar Threads - Audio computer issues

2. Audio issues in new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues in new computer: Hi,I recently purchased a new computer. In the only game I play, I noticed that I hear sounds only when I look toward the approximate direction of the source of the sound. As soon as I look away, I am unable to hear anything due to which the game is unplayable. The same...
  3. Audio issues in new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues in new computer: Hi,I recently purchased a new computer. In the only game I play, I noticed that I hear sounds only when I look toward the approximate direction of the source of the sound. As soon as I look away, I am unable to hear anything due to which the game is unplayable. The same...
  4. Computer issues, wireless adapter and audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer issues, wireless adapter and audio: Have issues with above. Downloaded new wireless drives to try fix issue, no work. Been at this four hours. Closes I’ve came is dating this issue all the way back to 2015:...
  5. Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer: Three days ago (December 27th), I woke up and my computer was suddenly running extremely slow. Everything felt sluggish; for example, getting from the login screen takes about 20-30 seconds when normally it takes a split second. I also noticed this problem with my audio as it...
  6. Having audio issues on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having audio issues on my computer: Recently, my computer has been acting up when it come to the audio. After using my computer for about 1 1/2 hours, the audio system breaks. Turning the computer off and on fixes it, but it's super annoying. When I look at the services, it stuck at "starting" and it won't get...
  7. audio issues

audio issues: I'm getting a lot of pops and crackles from the audio on my computer. I use an outboard soundcard and it appears on this and the headphone jack. I originally thought it was a driver problem, so upgraded from a Novation Nio2/4 to a Tascam US2x1 but the problem still exists....
  8. Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issues: I've been having audio issues with any downloaded game i try to play, audio plays just fine with Youtube, Spotify or any other web browsed audio, but the second it comes to my gaming audio it refuses to work for me! I should also mention i am using a headset for my audio not...
  9. Audio issues

Audio issues: Built a desktop a while back, with a ryzen 2600 a b350 motherboard and an evga 1070, ran amazing the last year and just recently I've run into an issue with the windows audio mixer flashing all the sound mixers and then they disappear extremely fast. I have updated audio...
  10. Windows 10 audio issue on new computer

Windows 10 audio issue on new computer: Hello. This is my first post here. Thanks for taking the time. My issue is a low frequency humming that is occurring most of the time when audio is playing via Windows Media Player, occasionally You Tube, Groove music, etc. It doesn't always occur, but it often does. It is...