Windows 10: Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When trying to listen to music and make a video call using teams, my music audio is cut off and only video call audio works. I noticed when i change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dwightkshrute, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

When trying to listen to music and make a video call using teams, my music audio is cut off and only video call audio works.

I noticed when i change my output to headset instead of headphones, i can hear both audio ,i.e, from music and video call.

But unfortunately the audio coming from headset option sounds bad compared to headphone options.

When I change my settings in teams for custom audio as shown in the picture, i cant hear anything. Is there anyway we can fix this ?

Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones eef56314-63dd-4649-b983-d99945022c76?upload=true.png

:)

dwightkshrute, Jul 18, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Microphone and Headphone Recognition issues.

Hi Armandill,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in audio settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1/8 inch cable port
      Are you referring that there is no headphone port or microphone port on the computer?
    • Have you checked the computer specification regarding the audio ports?

I suggest you to check if speaker and microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Check if microphone and headphone driver is available or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with headphone and microphone usage on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

Hi All,

this seems to be a very unique issue that I am struggling to find an answer to, I will try to be as clear as possible and have laid out below some facts to hopefully avoid red herrings.

I have a set of bluetooth headphones (SONY WH-1000XM3) they are connected to my laptop (ASUS SCAR STRIX II GL504GS)

the headphones have worked perfectly and as expected up until recently

i have made no hardware or driver changes prior to this issue occurring.

I believe this is an issue with windows rather than the headphones.

I know that the microphone for the headphones is functional as I will explain below.

The Issue:

Whenever i want to talk to someone, be it via Facebook messenger, or in voice chat on games, I get 1 of 2 problems.

either;

a) the audio quality my end is as expected, i can hear the call and if i am playing a game it is surround sound etc. but the computer is using the laptops microphone, this is terrible because the quality of the microphone is quite bad and it is right above
    the fans so sounds awful.

b) the computer uses my headsets microphone and the audio quality is great for the other person, but my headset goes into mono audio so it sounds tinny and awful, but on top of that, i cannot hear the other person...

now I have been able to control whether I get outcome A or B because windows seems to split headsets into "[headphone model name] Stereo" and "[headphone model name] Hands-Free AG Audio" selecting stereo gives outcome A, selecting AG Audio gives outcome
    B.

In sound settings I have changed Output device to Stereo, Input device to AG Audio, and have even done this for individual programs in advanced settings under "App volume device preferences" but this seems to cause outcome B suggesting that if the microphone
    is enabled, the computer will only output to the AG Audio?

It seems that I cannot have both the headset microphone being used, and good quality surround sound, however this has not been an issue since November 2019 until about 3 days ago. The issue may have occurred before this but that was the first voice call
    in a while.

FallenPredatorI, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

1. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - Audio microphone issue

2. Bluetooth Headphones audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones audio issue: Hi,Since a Windows 11 update, I have been having an issue with my Bluetooth headphones. Everytime they connect to my laptop, there connected in hands-free mode and the audio is horrible.The headphones still work fine on any other device I connect them to like my phone for...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones audio issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones audio issue: Hi,Since a Windows 11 update, I have been having an issue with my Bluetooth headphones. Everytime they connect to my laptop, there connected in hands-free mode and the audio is horrible.The headphones still work fine on any other device I connect them to like my phone for...
  4. bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio: After a driver updated my bluetooth devices connect as voice but not as audio I have tried to:Connect it manually in the sound managment nothing happen, it doesn´t connectUninstall and install drivers nothing happenReturn to the previous version nothing happenTrobleshooting...
  5. bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio: After a driver updated my bluetooth devices connect as voice but not as audio I have tried to:Connect it manually in the sound managment nothing happen, it doesn´t connectUninstall and install drivers nothing happenReturn to the previous version nothing happenTrobleshooting...
  6. Bluetooth/Audio/Headphones Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth/Audio/Headphones Issues: I have a Dell Vostro 5090 that I use as my work PC. Since April, I have been having Bluetooth audio issues while using Skype. It might just be a Bluetooth audio issue in general, but I really don't use my headphones for anything else, other than using them for work conference...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone: I recently bought the Sennheiser HD 450 headphones. When I connect them to my ASUS 505DT laptop, I am able to use them as speakers but am unable to use the in built microphone. I googled this but that didn’t help. I am able to select “Hands free AG” as a mic source but it...
  8. Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams: I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams. When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset...
  9. Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.: Hi All, this seems to be a very unique issue that I am struggling to find an answer to, I will try to be as clear as possible and have laid out below some facts to hopefully avoid red herrings. I have a set of bluetooth headphones SONY WH-1000XM3 they are connected to my...
  10. Bluetooth headphones and microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones and microphone: Hi all, More than one year I’m dealing with problem using my bluetooth headphones and microphone for skype call or teams call althrough it supports Hand-free mode on my Sony WHCH500. When select handsfree mode, other can hear me, but I can’t hear anyone. Has anybody know...