Windows 10: Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon

Discus and support Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having some audio and video issues. They're most prevalent while playing games (Warhammer 2 and ESO, mainly) and the issues cause the games to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kellax, Jul 13, 2020.

1. kellax Win User

Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon

I'm having some audio and video issues. They're most prevalent while playing games (Warhammer 2 and ESO, mainly) and the issues cause the games to stutter, drop FPS, and the audio becomes corrupted. This also occurs when starting the PC. The audio is corrupted and the mouse cursor jumps a bit.

I'm not sure what I need to post for you to investigate these issues, but let me know and I'll do it.

I noticed, however, dxgkrnl.sys and storport.sys have extraordinarily high DPC latency in LatencyMon.

This is what I've done so far to fix these issues:

* sfc/scannow
    * healthcheck
    * updated my audio driver
    * used DDU in safemode and updated my GPU driver
    * updated my chipset
    * reset my pc

The following is what I see in LatencyMon. The spikes happen randomly and result in the torn audio and video issues.

Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon [​IMG]

I'm lost and I have no idea what to do now. Thanks in advance.

Windows 1904

:)

kellax, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Jul 13, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

DPC Latency while using LatencyMon

which of the DPC Latency issues do you have? Video? Audio? Networking? or all 3? are you sure your using the term "DPC Latency" correctly? Examples of DPC Latency are when video or audio or networking has big slow downs for a second or two then back to normal, like video frame rate drops way down then comes back or audio cuts out momentarily and then back as normal or networking goes into a strange no down or uploading like it froze for a moment....Did you run a DPC Latency bench that said you have issues? Please tell us what is going on with your PC.

DRDNA, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio and Video Tearing - High DPC Latency in LatencyMon - Similar Threads - Audio Video Tearing

2. Audio cracking and high dpc latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cracking and high dpc latency: I have been struggling to solve an issue with audio cracking and popping on my pc. Using latency mon it is showing that ndis.sys is the highest dpc routine and that dxgkrnl.sys is the highest isr routine but sometimes when I'm having the audio issues latency mon doesn't...
  3. Audio cracking and high dpc latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio cracking and high dpc latency: I have been struggling to solve an issue with audio cracking and popping on my pc. Using latency mon it is showing that ndis.sys is the highest dpc routine and that dxgkrnl.sys is the highest isr routine but sometimes when I'm having the audio issues latency mon doesn't...
  4. Audio cracking and high dpc latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  6. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  7. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. DPC latency tests. High latency?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...
  10. Need help with dpc latency in LatencyMon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help with dpc latency in LatencyMon: Could this somehow be related to USB drivers? I have the ASUS Sabertooth Z87 mobo and noticed that my USB drivers seem to be all mixed around; I just need help with basic fixings.l Thanks! [img] 88327