Windows 10: Audio appears and disappears randomly

Discus and support Audio appears and disappears randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, For no apparent reason audio from my laptop's internal speakers appears and disappears. As I was troubleshooting I noticed random fluctuation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MMZWHAT, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MMZWHAT Win User

Audio appears and disappears randomly

Hi all,

For no apparent reason audio from my laptop's internal speakers appears and disappears. As I was troubleshooting I noticed random fluctuation in the audio levels in Windows Stereo Mixer.

Take a look at this short video here demonstrating both the audio loss as well as the audio level spasms.
    https://gofile.io/d/EpwenI

If I cast to an external device like a bluetooth soundbar, this does not happen. This suggests it's a laptop hardware issue but I would like to eliminate any other possibilities before buying parts/taking things. Plus, what's up with the sound mixer? That makes me think it's a software issue.

And as much as I know how I disabled/enabled audio devices, uninstalled drivers, installed different versions of drivers, etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MMZWHAT, Jun 29, 2020

2. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and when i lunch any app it gets added to the most used list and then when i restart again it appears empty
    again.

And in other times after i restart it appears normally with a full list of my most used apps from before. how to fix this annoying issue?

crissoliva, Jun 29, 2020
  3. rerunner Win User
    audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Audio appears and disappears randomly [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio appears and disappears randomly - Similar Threads - Audio appears disappears

2. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  3. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  4. Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11: I would very much appreciate any help related to this issue.I have a laptop OMEN by HP 15-dc0xxx with a hard disk Toshiba KBG30ZMV128G with 2 partitions, one of C: 119 Gb for Windows 11 and D: for DATA, the remaining 900 or somethibg GB.Since a couple of month ago, D started...
  5. Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11: I would very much appreciate any help related to this issue.I have a laptop OMEN by HP 15-dc0xxx with a hard disk Toshiba KBG30ZMV128G with 2 partitions, one of C: 119 Gb for Windows 11 and D: for DATA, the remaining 900 or somethibg GB.Since a couple of month ago, D started...
  6. Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.: I've lost a complete day to this utter nonsense. Ever since the morning my pc wasn't connecting to my mobile hotspot and not showing up in the connections list. Even if it did show up it wouldn't connected to the internet saying it can't connect to the network. Then out of...
  7. Audio disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio disappeared: The audio disappeared after last week's windows 10 update. How can I get it back? Tried several suggestions but none worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-disappeared/76834902-09b5-48fa-972f-cb07d3d18b03
  8. Files appearing and disappearing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files appearing and disappearing.: Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared. Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need...
  9. Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window: Hi All, Using windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, and using windows update to update the windows with the latest updates. At some point (can't tell when) a mysterious window start to flash for a fraction of a second very randomly (maybe once an hour or half an hour). 1....
  10. bitadmin popup appears and disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    bitadmin popup appears and disappear randomly: in the last few days some cmd screens just pop ups my screen for about a second and then disappears.. causing a lot of inconvenience..after reading many articles i used powershell giving admin rights and using bit maps commands of removing bitmaps and more nothing is changed...