Windows 10: Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

Discus and support Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound. The volume mixer shows when there is sound, but no sound comes out of speakers. When I look at sound, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesMassoni, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound. The volume mixer shows when there is sound, but no sound comes out of speakers. When I look at sound, I can test the speakers and they work. But when I changes the Intel Display Audio to the speakers, there is nothing. I can change the default to Speakers and to Realtek Digital Audio, but I get no sound. If I leave it on Intel Display Audio, I can see the audio but I hear nothing. This all worked find yesterday, but I added a second display and now the sound doesn't work. Removed second display, sound still doesn't work. Tried removing and reinstalling audio driver. No difference. Tried rebooting several times, no difference.

:)

JamesMassoni, Aug 20, 2018

2. Can only hear system sounds.

Thanks for the answer, but none of the two steps worked. I still only have the system sounds.

Elias Nilsson, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

1. Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound - Similar Threads - Audio appears hear

2. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  3. Audio: I barely hear voices, mostly ambient sound!

Audio: I barely hear voices, mostly ambient sound!: Hello!So yesterday I suddenly started to no longer hear voices in videos/music on Windows 10. They are very quiet and sound distroted/metallic. Ambient sound seems to be fine. I tried front and rear headphone jacks and used two different pairs of headphones, it's always the...
  4. I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF

I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF: Please someone help me! Since i update windows 10 i can't hear sound. Please anyone can solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-from-digital-audio-spdif/9acff193-acba-45e1-ba4e-02989eb86022
  5. Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.

Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.: So after I recently reset my computer, my mic now does not work. The mic works on all 3 of my other computers, my phone and both xbox ones. I have scoured the internet and done every single idea to try to fix this issue to no avail. Please help me. I am also a streamer so...
  6. Sound/Audio not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound/Audio not working: 1. Sound is not working 2. Volume Slider will only let me use it once every few minutes, then it wouldn't respond Same thing happens with volume mixer 3. Sound Settings either: Won't open, freezes when opened, or won't respond 4. Troubleshooting doesn't detect any...
  7. I can't hear sound.

I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  8. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything: This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything. I checked if my sound was on, it was on and on the max. It says it's broadcasting sound, but i can't hear anything. I tried Unistalling the...
  9. I can hear audio

I can hear audio: I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3
  10. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i hear no sound

2. sound appears to be working but no sound

3. sound appears to work but is not

4. sound appears to be on,
  5. sound appears to be on but no sound,
  6. audio appears to work but no sound on computer,
  7. audio appears to be working but no sound