Windows 10: Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically

Discus and support Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I am having an issue where my audio is muting and unmuting over and over again automatically. I searched the forum and found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gernapious, May 2, 2020.

1. Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue where my audio is muting and unmuting over and over again automatically. I searched the forum and found a couple other threads, but either they didn't have a solution or weren't the same issue. If you are aware of a similar issue, I would feel grateful if you linked it for me.

My System:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I started with the built in sound card and my regular speakers. I thought maybe the port was bad, so I switched to the head phone port on the front with the same issue. Then I thought it might be the speakers and switched to headphones and did the same thing again with both ports. Then I figured there might be an issue with the internal sound card, so I hooked up an external sound card that connects via USB. Then, the issue still occurred. This leads me to thing there is something on the Windows end. I read in some other post about possible interference from other devices, such as a keyboard with a stuck key or something. I played a CD and proceeded to unplug every device from the PC except the sound, the Ethernet and the power cord, this did not fix the issued. There appears to be something on the windows end forcing a mute and unmute over and over again.

If you go to the sound slider, you see the icon go from sound to x to sound to x over and over very rapidly.

If there is anything else I can try please let me know!!!

Thanks

:)

Gernapious, May 2, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 2, 2020
  3. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and
    gives me an option to open or to not open it. I did, and I messed about with it and fixed the problem. However, I am now experiencing the same problem in a different format: the sound keeps muting for a while then unmuting. I tried doing the same thing I did
    before to no avail. The normal volume slider didn't show itself muting, so I opened up volume mixer and it showed all my apps muted. I did not do this. I unmuted them all, but Google Chrome seems to keep muting itself back and then unmuting itself, then muting
    itself etc. It mutes at 1-2 second intervals. I scoured the internet for solutions, and it seems that many have been experiencing this problem. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my sound drivers - nothing. Troubleshooting continues to show "opening
    audio enchancements might help" and most internet suggestions do not work. What do I do?

IoanGrayhurst, May 2, 2020
  4. Souvik Win User

Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically

Audio doesn't works after I mute and unmute it

Right-click on volume icon >> Open Volume Mixer >> drag the speaker volume down to zero and then drag the speaker volume to up and adjust. You will find the audio is back up and running, normally. This is the quickest temporary fix for now. Whenever you mute your audio, unmute and there is no sound. Repeat the Volume Mixer steps.
    I'm facing the same issue on my Windows 10 and Realtek, and this is how I am trying to get around the issue.

Souvik, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically

1. Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically - Similar Threads - Audio Automatically Muting

2. Audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly.: Hello there.As you've read the title, my audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly. It has been bothering me for almost a week now, and I would appreciate some answers.Here are the things I've already tried:-Updating everything, drivers, the whole thing yeah But it also says...
  3. Audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly.: Hello there.As you've read the title, my audio keeps muting and unmuting rapidly. It has been bothering me for almost a week now, and I would appreciate some answers.Here are the things I've already tried:-Updating everything, drivers, the whole thing yeah But it also says...
  4. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10: the audio output is automatically muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: the audio output is automatically muted: anyone can help me?This thing has appeared on my screen since yesterdayThe audio output is automatically muted, and then I need to press ctrl/F1/F2 to unmute. However, I didn't change any shortcut of my keyboard.Sometimes it unmutes automatically....
  8. Audio Mute Unmute Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Mute Unmute Cycle: Since I update windows yesterday my audio button started to remain a mute, unmute cycle.It occurs after about every ten minutes and mute , unmute itself by the rate of ten times per second...
  9. Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically: I ordered a pair of KZ es4's and they work perfectly on my phone, but when i connect them to my laptop window's volume lowers itself untill mute (and tries to go even lower) this doesn't happen immediately after plugging them in and there isn't some kind of pattern or set...
  10. Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0: My audio will work when i change the audio level, for about a second, and immediately go back to 0, and no matter what I've tried nothing has helped me so far, i've tried reinstalling my drivers, uninstalling my drivers, and nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any insight...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my PC muting and unmuting repeatedly without me doing anything

2. my pc muting itself and unmuting itself

3. pc sound keeps muting and unmuting by itself windows 10