Windows 10: audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

Discus and support audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted.. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Lenovo legion Y740 and I have been scratching my head for months now trying to figure out how to fix my audio issue can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rian CarlAgustin, Oct 21, 2020.

1. audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

I am using a Lenovo legion Y740 and I have been scratching my head for months now trying to figure out how to fix my audio issue can't find any solution to my problem. I tried everything I already know.. I tried changing removing my mic, my audio driver neither didn't work.. problem still persist.. tried disabling listen to the microphone every time and it works it can't hear the audio background but I can't make calls either .. disabling the driver and it also the same.. every time I tried to talk to my friends through any video chat and discord.. they always can hear the audio background from the pc.. and I just don't know what to do anymore.. tried updating the drivers, tried reverting the drivers back to an older version still the same.. it wasn't like this before I was able to talk to my friend without them hearing my pc audio background.. just need help don't know how to fix it...

:)

Rian CarlAgustin, Oct 21, 2020

2. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Oct 21, 2020
  3. jamos316 Win User
    muting microphone

i am still having the same problem with the microphone reverting to a muted state after restart.
    the thing is there are 2 microphone drivers (for some reason),when i unmute the muted mic driver i can make a sound and i see that it is recognized but not by the driver i just unmuted.

audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted.. [​IMG]

jamos316, Oct 21, 2020
  4. mahahual Win User

audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

1. audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted.. - Similar Threads - audio background being

2. Microphone picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up desktop audio: so when i try and use a wired headset into my audio jack the desktop audio as well as my voice is registered HELP ME!! i have tried everything i clean reinstalled win 10 and 11 but nothing seemed to have resolver the issue i tried re downloading the drivers but still no luck...
  3. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  5. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  6. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  7. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  8. No Microphone is being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Microphone is being picked up: I have two microphones; one on a Razer headset, the other on an Oculus Rift CV1. I started a Discord call with a buddy and noticed the app wasn't picking up my headset mic. I went to Windows Settings and found that when I tested the mic, Windows didn't pick anything up from...
  9. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...
  10. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...